Excellent Resort. Excellent Staff.This was our 6th visit, and we've yet to be disappointed. The Staff are very welcoming, make it all such a pleasurable experience. It's always clean (They do seem to work around the clock!), well equipped, and all within a great location.
We tend to use the local restaurants, not only because of the lower prices, but they're also a part of the atmosphere (I also like to think that we're helping the local economy). There is always plenty to do on the Island, and what scenery!
If you want a warm welcome, this Island, and this resort are the answer. Thank you everyone at the Porto Mare, you made us feel special once again.
Anne and Wayne
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Occupying the west wing of the Vila Porto Mare resort, The Residence enjoys the use of all its facilities and a real sense of community. A wide selection of carefully furnished and fully equipped apartments where comfort is our motto. The 99 units divided into studios, one and two bedroom apartments are decorated with a touch of exoticism. The Residence apartments combine views over the ocean with tropical gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, HotelsClick, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Mare Residence Funchal
- Porto Mare Residence Hotel Funchal
- The Residence Madeira/Funchal