My husband and I love this place so much we bought a time share apartment the first week we stayed in Madeira!
Staff are always exceptionally friendly and in particular the maids must be the hardest working maids anywhere I have stayed - always smiling and checking that everything is alright with the apartment.
The grounds are beautifully maintained. Never any rubbish anywhere.
All in all The Residence is as my title of the review says "a little piece of paradise" - I cannot wait to visit the hotel again in September!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Occupying the west wing of the Vila Porto Mare resort, The Residence enjoys the use of all its facilities and a real sense of community. A wide selection of carefully furnished and fully equipped apartments where comfort is our motto. The 99 units divided into studios, one and two bedroom apartments are decorated with a touch of exoticism. The Residence apartments combine views over the ocean with tropical gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Odigeo, Expedia, LateRooms, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Mare Residence Funchal
- Porto Mare Residence Hotel Funchal
- The Residence Madeira/Funchal