We stayed 3 days at the Residence. It is a great hotel. We had a room facing the gardens which are really beautiful with all kinds of plants and colorful flowers, and well kept.
The room was very nice and comfortable with a patio door to a deck and the gardens.
The staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was also very impressive with a great selection.
We also tried the Med restaurant twice and would recommend it.
If we came back to Madeira we would definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Occupying the west wing of the Vila Porto Mare resort, The Residence enjoys the use of all its facilities and a real sense of community. A wide selection of carefully furnished and fully equipped apartments where comfort is our motto. The 99 units divided into studios, one and two bedroom apartments are decorated with a touch of exoticism. The Residence apartments combine views over the ocean with tropical gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and Hotel.de so you can book your The Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Mare Residence Funchal
- Porto Mare Residence Hotel Funchal
- The Residence Madeira/Funchal