We have been staying at the Residence in August 6 times over the last ten years. We have had a wonderful time there every year meeting old and new friends on each occasion. We started coming here on our own, then with our children and now with our grandchild. There is a plenty to do on the island and the staff are very helpful in guiding and assisting you in seeking out the activities you want to do. If you want to stay in the complex you can enjoy evening entertainment daytime activities or just stay around the various pools and gardens and seating areas/bars available. There are no shortage of staff attending to the gardens, restaurants, bars and reception areas who are all pleasant friendly people. The rooms are well equipped modern and spacious. The public areas are superb. I wish I could be back there now but I will have to wait for another 50 weeks before I have the chance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Occupying the west wing of the Vila Porto Mare resort, The Residence enjoys the use of all its facilities and a real sense of community. A wide selection of carefully furnished and fully equipped apartments where comfort is our motto. The 99 units divided into studios, one and two bedroom apartments are decorated with a touch of exoticism. The Residence apartments combine views over the ocean with tropical gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Mare Residence Funchal
- Porto Mare Residence Hotel Funchal
- The Residence Madeira/Funchal