We recently returned from our stay at the Residence and cannot fault this accommodation at all. The beds were very comfortable, the room was nicely furnished and the kitchen was very well equipped. This is the first time we have stayed in a self catering accommodation within a hotel setting and it worked very well for us. We travelled with a teenager and she also enjoyed her stay here. I would definitely consider staying here with younger children as they have thought of everything, from the small pools, to play areas indoor and out. The regular shuttle bus to Funchal town is great too.
Staff at reception were helpful and our maid was very friendly.
The gardens are well maintained. A very nice place to stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Occupying the west wing of the Vila Porto Mare resort, The Residence enjoys the use of all its facilities and a real sense of community. A wide selection of carefully furnished and fully equipped apartments where comfort is our motto. The 99 units divided into studios, one and two bedroom apartments are decorated with a touch of exoticism. The Residence apartments combine views over the ocean with tropical gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Agoda, TravelUp and Hotels.com so you can book your The Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Mare Residence Funchal
- Porto Mare Residence Hotel Funchal
- The Residence Madeira/Funchal