A second visit on a family holiday this time in high season. Good facilities, excellent rooms, friendly and pleasant staff with the exception of breakfast service which was a bit terse perhaps because it was busy. If you wish to stay at the hotel in the evening instead of going to one of the islands great value restaurants then there is plenty of evening entertainment. Only had one buffet dinner which was of an average standard although other guests thought the food good I feel that better value and atmosphere can be found outside the complex. The hotel needs to resolve the problem of reservation of sunbeds by the pools they have introduced a system using hotel towels only but it doesn't work. An ideal location for a family holiday but I would not visit again at the height of the season.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Occupying the west wing of the Vila Porto Mare resort, The Residence enjoys the use of all its facilities and a real sense of community. A wide selection of carefully furnished and fully equipped apartments where comfort is our motto. The 99 units divided into studios, one and two bedroom apartments are decorated with a touch of exoticism. The Residence apartments combine views over the ocean with tropical gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Ebookers, Hotels.com, LateRooms, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Mare Residence Funchal
- Porto Mare Residence Hotel Funchal
- The Residence Madeira/Funchal