Stayed here with my family for a week as part of a Thomson/TUI package deal. Had a nice large room on the ground floor near reception. I did not pay for a sea view but still had a nice view over the terrace towards Funchal and the Atlantic. Breakfast comprised a good choice of hot and cold food and it was very pleasant sitting in the sun on the terrace each morning to enjoy it. The egg and omelette station was excellent. We had the buffet dinner each day and this comprised a good choice of well cooked food with plenty of seafood dishes including Scabbard fish which was excellent as were the soups each day. Drinks, including bottles of wine, were reasonably priced. All staff, but particularly restaurant staff, were friendly and helpful. There is free Wi-Fi which we could obtain both in reception and in our room, although I think some rooms had limited, if any, connectivity. The hotel is quite far from Funchal centre but the free minibus was extremely useful and we used this most days. We had no problem booking the minibus for times we wanted and you can book one or more days in advance to ensure you get the timings you want. The minibus does not run in the evenings or on Sunday. Bus 45 seems pretty reliable and stops outside the hotel. We got a taxi back from the old town one night for just under Euro 8. You can walk to the Lido area in less than 30 minutes but the path/road is quite steep so you need to be fit! Note that the yellow open top bus stops outside the hotel whereas the red open top bus does not. Both are the same price but the yellow bus tickets last two days whereas tickets for the red bus only last for one day. The guide book in the bedroom also has a voucher for a Euro 3 discount on one yellow bus ticket as well. We did the Sea Pleasure catamaran whale and dolphin trip (we did see them!) which was great and you can easily get a 10% discount just by asking. The outdoor swimming pool is small but was still nice and there are plenty of loungers. The indoor pool is also good. If you want large swimming pools with flumes then this is not the hotel for you. However, there are two nice public swimming areas on the Lido promenade at Complexo Balnear da Ponta Gorda and Pocas do Gomes (yellow open top bus stops close or walk/city bus). Our only issue during the whole stay was with noise from the room above us. Unfortunately the bathroom plumbing in rooms above is very audible in the rooms below. The people in the room above us were semi nocturnal and appeared keen to flush the toilet numerous times during the night which woke me, although maybe I am a light sleeper. For our last two nights reception kindly moved us to the room next door where we had no problem whatsoever. In summary a very enjoyable stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the west hillside of Funchal, with superb views of the sea, the bay and magnificent mountains. With a relaxed and friendly atmosphere, this is the ideal place for an unforgettable holidays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Alpha Holidays Limited, Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Madeira Panoramico Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Madeira Panoramico
- Madeira Panoramico Funchal
- Madeira Panoramico Hotel Funchal