We arrived the hotel on schedule and were shown into our rooms after a short wait. My first surprise was that even though we booked for three people and the room had three beds, the cups, duvet, beach towels etc was only for two. Furthermore, having stayed in hotels in Spain, Ireland, US and the UK, it was an unpleasant surprise to be informed that the safe, electric kettle and complimentary tea/coffee had to be rented at a weekly rate!!!
Majority of reception staff were polite and helpful but i found the waiters to be abrupt and somewhat rude! No TAP water was provided at the restaurant even when asked and the head waiter at the buffet restaurant retorted rudely that 'this is Portugal and we don't provide free tap water here' or something along those lines...
Another real issue was the wifi: there was no signal in the rooms and reception staff advised that in order to use these facilities, we had to come out into the lobby!!!
I must however state that the bus driver was courteous and prompt and most of the facilities was as described.
Madeira is a beautiful, picturesque city!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the west hillside of Funchal, with superb views of the sea, the bay and magnificent mountains. With a relaxed and friendly atmosphere, this is the ideal place for an unforgettable holidays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Alpha Holidays Limited, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Madeira Panoramico Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Madeira Panoramico
- Madeira Panoramico Funchal
- Madeira Panoramico Hotel Funchal