We stayed at this hotel (a family of 7) over New Year to celebrate my Father's 85th birthday and were very happy with everything. Having stayed at the Porto Santa Maria on a couple of occasions we were disappointed to find they no longer allow children and, for the first time. we were travelling with our three year old grandson. I think we all agreed that this hotel more than made up for that disappointment. We found it very friendly, intimate and helpful, yes, it is a climb up and down to the town but taxis are easy to get. We had requested 3 ground floor rooms together and got just what we had asked for, the rooms were well serviced and very clean. The staff were very good, going out of their way to help; the food was excellent, ok, a couple of mornings the breakfast wasn't very hot but very tasty. Those who complain that breakfast never changes must be having a bit of everything every day - there was plenty of choice! Yes, dinner was a set menu (no different from the set menus in the old town restaurants) but there was always an alternative if you asked. The cooking was fantastic - what skills the team of chefs have and the executive chef around the dining room so much.
The New Years Eve Gala dinner was chaotic getting into the dining room but, once under way, the food was wonderful, again such excellent skills shown, our grandson tackled every course and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of the evening - the fireworks sealed the holiday!!
The one down side was that the pool was not heated as was stated in the brochure - but the jacuzzi made up for that!!
Our thanks to Lucia in the restaurant for making everything so special.
Of course no trip to Madeira is complete without afternoon tea at Reids Hotel- so special.
A wonderful start to 2014 and many happy family memories!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The charming 4-star hotel Quinta Bela São Tiago was originally a traditional Madeiran Manor House built in 1834. The manor house and its extensive gardens have been carefully restored to create a paradise right in the heart of this lovely old district.The Quinta Bela São Tiago offers a welcoming and relaxing atmosphere in a unique location in Madeira! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Quinta Bela Sao Tiago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quinta Bela Sao Tiago Hotel Funchal
- Quinta Bela Sao Tiago Funchal
- Hotel Quinta Bela Sao Tiago Madeira/Funchal