Stayed here for 4 nights organised by Jules Verne. We had room 101 which was very large and airy with a balcony with a sea view overlooking the pool area. We were traveling with an elderly friend who had a smaller twin room with a balcony 2 doors down from us. All the staff were helpful and friendly, our room was well appointed and clean. You need to ask for a kettle which was brought to us very quickly. We had food on the veranda at lunchtime and service, choice and food were good. At breakfast (buffet style) there was a good choice of cold and hot food, and fruit. dining room was clean and well appointed, the bar area was medium sized but there was a very large veranda area to sit. We had one evening meal at the hotel which was excellent as was the service (thank you Lucia and Fabio). This was quite formal dining.
The hotel is well positioned for a short downhill stroll to the old town where there is an abundance of restaurants and bistros. A thoroughly pleasant stay in a lovely hotel and island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The charming 4-star hotel Quinta Bela São Tiago was originally a traditional Madeiran Manor House built in 1834. The manor house and its extensive gardens have been carefully restored to create a paradise right in the heart of this lovely old district.The Quinta Bela São Tiago offers a welcoming and relaxing atmosphere in a unique location in Madeira! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Quinta Bela Sao Tiago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quinta Bela Sao Tiago Hotel Funchal
- Quinta Bela Sao Tiago Funchal
- Hotel Quinta Bela Sao Tiago Madeira/Funchal