Spent the week before Easter in this hotel. We had room 003 which is on floor -1. If you want a decent view ask for 1st or 2nd floor with sea view. We were upgraded free on arrival to a pool view from a land view. Breakfast was good although similar each day, if you ate after 9.00 am items had ran out and had to be restocked, the staff seemed unhappy and under pressure. When we wanted the bar during the day we had to search for staff to serve us, bar snacks were good. We did not have evening meals in the hotel as there was no choice and it seemed expensive at around 40 euros per person for 4 courses.
The hotel is in the old town within easy walk of many restaurants but it is a steep short walk or a long steady slope back. The hotel was quiet and clean and has plenty of room inside and out.
There is a free jacuzzi, sauna and gym which were hardly used.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The charming 4-star hotel Quinta Bela São Tiago was originally a traditional Madeiran Manor House built in 1834. The manor house and its extensive gardens have been carefully restored to create a paradise right in the heart of this lovely old district.The Quinta Bela São Tiago offers a welcoming and relaxing atmosphere in a unique location in Madeira! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Quinta Bela Sao Tiago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quinta Bela Sao Tiago Hotel Funchal
- Quinta Bela Sao Tiago Funchal
- Hotel Quinta Bela Sao Tiago Madeira/Funchal