This was our second visit. We decided to return after spending our 30th wedding anniversary there two years ago. We had a basic room then which was on the ground floor and had a side outlook. We decided to upgrade this time to a junior suite - wow! This was a real treat for us. The junior suites are in the oldest part of the building and are very elegant (as are all the rooms). This suite (but not them all) had a side balcony and a private roof top one which gave outstanding views. I reckon this was probably the best room in the whole hotel. If you have high expectations you will certainly not be disappointed here. The hotel helped us after Thomas Cook made a real mess of our booking, and as well as replying to my e mail promptly also phoned to discuss my situation - now that's service for you. Overall service is good, meals are delicious, staff are friendly and always polite and helpful. The garden is lovely, pool is always clean and tidy and there is a gym as well as a tennis court. We will definitely be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Large Botanical Garden with more them 500 different spices of plants and a variety of pleasant and relaxing areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Quinta Jardins do Lago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Hotel Funchal
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Funchal
- Jardins Lago
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Madeira/Funchal