I stayed here in November with my girlfriend in a sea view double room. The room was spacious and clean with a small balcony with a beautiful view of both ocean and the city of Funchal. One of the nicest hotel rooms I have stayed in but with some definite niggles - the shower was luke warm at best, the free internet was so intermittent that I gave up, the hairdryer was seriously underpowered and the balcony was not slanted away from the room so any time there was any rain it was awash for hours afterwards.
I travel a lot in my job and stay in a lot of hotels and the issues above would normally cause me to complain and give a low rating but I just can´t on this occasion. The gardens are utterly beautiful and relaxing as mentioned by others and the staff are the friendliest I have ever come across - and this was universally true, not one or two nice staff but all of them from reception to bar staff to the maids to the restaurant. Nothing was too much trouble. The breakfast was superb both in variety and quality of food and we found that we skipped lunch every day as we were still full. The whole atmosphere and charm of this hotel made me forget its imperfections - it is so relaxing and I came away thoroughly refreshed.
I should add that it is very definitely a hotel for couples and people over 30 - I don´t know whether it sets out to be this but it is some way out of town and there is very little for children to do aside from swim and play pool but for a 40-something couple looking to unwind for a few days like us it was just perfect. I would have no hesitation recommending the hotel to anyone looking for a quiet relaxing break in beautiful surroundings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Large Botanical Garden with more them 500 different spices of plants and a variety of pleasant and relaxing areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Quinta Jardins do Lago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Hotel Funchal
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Funchal
- Jardins Lago
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Madeira/Funchal