Bit of a late review, but I can't believe how positive all reviews are. Just felt I had to write a review from a younger point of view. (49 & 50!)
The rooms. Wonderful and clean, everything you need. Garden and pool area immaculate and stunning. However, location very poor. The hotel is in the middle of a residential area, with nothing at all to do outside and nowhere to go. The walk to/from Funchal is extremely challenging, even for a fit 49year old! The constant noise of barking dogs at night is intolerable, even with the windows shut.
The restaurant. The food in the evening is wonderful but the atmosphere is very formal and stiff. Even on a busy night it was so quiet you felt the need to whisper, very stuffy. The breakfast was quite poor. Choice very limited, egg orders often forgotten or wrong even after several requests. I've stayed in much cheaper hotels and had far better breakfasts.
This is an ideal hotel if you want to relax and spend the whole week there and eat there. However, if (your under 70) and like an evening stroll and a choice of restaurants near by, this isn't the hotel for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Large Botanical Garden with more them 500 different spices of plants and a variety of pleasant and relaxing areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Quinta Jardins do Lago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Hotel Funchal
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Funchal
- Jardins Lago
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Madeira/Funchal