This was our second stay in JdoL, so it is now a 'tradition' that we will go every year. Returning guests get a bottle of champagne delivered to their room as well! There is really not much more to be added to all the positive comments, but one thing I noticed is that the hotel seems to listen to its reviewers. The only complaint I had last year was about the hairdryer (tube from the wall); this year there was a proper hairdryer in the wardrobe. I have read complaints about having to pay for cappuccino at breakfast, well, you don't now. Out of seven breakfasts one was a bit chaotic because there were a lot of demands for room service breakfasts, so they were a member of staff short. It was also Ana's day off...but, seeing we were sitting outside, in a fabulous garden, in February, I can't say I was overly bothered.
Luis the barman is one of the highest ranking cocktail makers in the world, and they are GOOD.
The strength of this hotel is its staff, there is a family atmosphere and the interaction with the guests is brilliant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Large Botanical Garden with more them 500 different spices of plants and a variety of pleasant and relaxing areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Jet2Holidays , Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Quinta Jardins do Lago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Hotel Funchal
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Funchal
- Jardins Lago
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Madeira/Funchal