We stayed in a superior panoramic view room, on the top floor (rm 307) definitely a good choice as the views were stunning - the beautiful gardens with the ocean beyond. This hotel has everything you need for a relaxing and pampered stay - not a place to bring children, although there are facilities, but I wouldn't feel comfortable breaking the peace and quiet! The staff were, without exception, courteous, helpful and happy. Special mention for Lui and his amazing cocktail - the Lui Lui :-) The pool is beautiful and amply warm enough to swim on a sunny February day. Location is excellent - a nice downhill stroll into Funchal and you can get a bus back (number 15) if you don't fancy the steep walk, although that earns you a cocktail! We would recommend that you ask the hotel to order a taxi from the airport for you, and ask for Aldo - a really lovely local man - he will tell you all about Madeira, and for a reasonable fee he will take you around the island for the day, stopping at some 'off the beaten track' places and making a very relaxing day out. What more can we say, exempt when can we go back?!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Large Botanical Garden with more them 500 different spices of plants and a variety of pleasant and relaxing areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Quinta Jardins do Lago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Hotel Funchal
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Funchal
- Jardins Lago
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Madeira/Funchal