“Brilliant half day tour”

Madeira Mountain Expeditions
Book In Advance
More Info
US$40.56*
and up
Nuns Valley & Seacliff on 4 wheels
More attraction details
Owner description: Madeira Mountain Expeditions. Adventurous off-road 4x4 safari tours in Madeira Island (Portugal). We are a dynamic local adventure operator in Madeira Island offering wide range of day tours and adventures to suit your holiday desires. Discover with us all the amazing things you can experience in the Laurissilva nature. Our experienced driver guides will take you on a true adventure journey around the most spectacular Madeira hotspots in our powerful 4x4 land-rovers with open rooftops. We provide you with personal service and make sure you have a memorable trip with us. Mountain Expeditions is registered tour company by the Madeira Tourism Board.
Reviewed 11 November 2016

22/10/2016. My wife and I chose the Nun's Valley & Sea Cliff trip. 4x4 the best way to go. Our guide, Ricardo, was superb, chatty, friendly and informative. Took us along roads (I use the description loosely) that you would never travel without a guide. One of the highlights of our holiday.

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"tour takes"
"great driver"
in 4 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
in 3 reviews
in 5 reviews
"exotic fruits"
"informative guide"

Reviewed 5 November 2016

After two pretty mediocre run of the mill Madeiran tours, how we wished we'd discovered this company earlier. Highly enjoyable day-long jeep tour of the East section of the island with very personable guide who gave a lot of information on plants, history etc. One of the selling points of the jeep tours is the travel on the minor Madeiran tracks and paths through hilltop villages, valleys and forests. Spectacular scenery. This tour was the highpoint of our holiday. If we go back, we know where to go for a great tour.

Reviewed 28 September 2016

My wife and I took 2 trips with Mountain Expeditions and enjoyed both of them enormously. Touring the island in an open top Land Rover is an excellent way to view the wonderful Mountains and Forests of Madeira - you get a real feel for the rugged landscape - and it's an exciting ride. The Driver/Guides all seem to be multi-linguists and their knowledge of the countryside is exceptional. I would highly recommend an expedition with this organisation.

Reviewed 21 September 2016 via mobile

Nice way to see more of the island and the off road part was good fun. Not for those with bad backs. Roberto was very friendly too. Thank you