“Fantastic Place”

London
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic Place”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Some of the best restaurants I've eaten at in these sort of destinations have not been the ones on the street with people trying to pull you inside. This is off the main road, but not more than 30 seconds away and is great.

We were served with kindness and care and this reflected in the food. The best pizza and pasta I've had in Portugal (including the mainland).

Try the extra hot olive oil, another great addition to add. Loved it!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank vivstar

• Polish first
“Fantastic pizzeria!”
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

If you want to eat a good pizza, you definitely have to try this place! Great food at great prices and a wonderful service, highly recommended!

Funchal, Portugal
“The best Pizzas on the Island.”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

These are for sure one of the best pizzas i have ever tasted in Madeira or Worldwide, fresh ingredients, the owners are lovely and always a very enjoyable dinner.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Rob F
Malvern, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Simple yet delicious”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

After reading some reviews about this place, myself and my husband decided to give it a try as we really fancied a meal that wasn't just meat and was relaxed and fairly cheap. We were pleasantly surprised and it makes a refreshing change to many of the restaurants in Funchal, which we have found to be very much the same! My husband had a simple margarita pizza and I had a Pizza Kiss. Don't go here if you like thick pizza bases, as you just won't get that. But the food suited us very well and we would definitely go back for more. Highly recommended.

• Visited June 2014
“Great pizza in a lovely atmosphere.”
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

We were dying for some pizza and Italian food in Funchal but we weren't convinced by any of the more well-known places on TripAdvisor.

I would highly recommend Atalia II, it's pleasantly off the main tourist drag in the eastern part of Funchal's Old Town and the staff (a family?) who run it are very friendly and helpful. There's a terrace at the back, which is lovely if the weather is nice.

My ham and mushroom pizza was fantastic - large but with an extremely thin and light base. Very authentically Italian. My friend had the vegetarian lasagne, but she did not enjoy this as much as I enjoyed the pizza.

I would recommend this place for it's lovely atmosphere and excellent pizza. Try a passion fruit soft drink too (a Madeiran speciality) if you haven't had one yet!