On arrival the 1st thing that I noticed was the 1960's music playing at the reception area this continued in the dining room at breakfast time - Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini cheered me up every morning and by the end of the week I knew the lyrics... The hotel was in the style of the 1960's.music!
My friend and I stayed for a week over Easter. We had booked a twin bedroom but were allocated a double room on arrival. After complaining at reception we were immediately given a twin bedroom apartment on the 10th floor. This was spacious - twin bedroom with balcony (view at the back of the mountains) bathroom, kitchen and dining room. Overall it was very clean, beds comfortable and quite so we slept soundly. The rooms were cleaned very day and towels changed when required. Overall everything was functional however the rooms are in need of an upgrade perhaps just to paint the old fashioned brown doors and change the tiles in the kitchen and bathroom would be a great improvement. The reception area and diningroom are fine and the breakfast provided was excellent with a great choice of bread,cereals, fruits, hot and cold food. The swimming pool outside is on the 4th floor with an area for sun bathing. Staff at reception were excellent, friendly and very helpful. it is very central to Funchal with bus stop nearby, shops and supermarket closeby, and lovely walks in the area. I would certainly return to this hotel again, and it was in my opinion good value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located close to the promenade, with great views over the ocean. Studio and 1 bedroom apartments with balcony and fully equipped kitchenette. Gardens, outdoor pool and spa. Free wifi in public areas. Restaurante/bar. Shuttle bus to city center. There are studios and 1 bedroom apartments with capacity of up to 4 people, a fully equipped kitchenette or kitchen, private balconies and cable TV. Free parking with limited places. Our hotel is ideal for active clients looking for self-catering, who want to fully explore and enjoy Madeira, on affordable holidays without abdicating the comfort of a hotel located in the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Dorisol Florasol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dorisol Florasol Funchal
- Dorisol Florasol Hotel Funchal
- Dorisol Florasol Madeira/Funchal