We arrived on the 16th.September for a 21 night stay on a haif board basis not knowing what to expect as we had read mixed revues on various web sites.However we were quite pleased to find that the room we were allocated on the second floor was very ciean and well furnished with
comfortable twin beds,plenty of drawer space,dressing table and two nice chairs.We had a small kitchenette and fridge and as we like to make a cup of tea in the morning we asked for an electric kettle which was brought immediately to our room.The bathroom was ideal with a four piece suite,over bath shower and plenty of hot water was always available.Towels could be changed at any time when requested.The rooms were cleaned daily by very efficient maids.
The air conditioning worked very efficiently which was very pleasing.
We asked for an ironing board and iron which once again was supplied immediately.
The resaurant was very clean and pleasant and you were able to dine inside or out on the roof terrace.The meals were buffet style.some very nice salad items and varying kinds of meats and fish from day to day.Always fresh fruit salad daily.
At breakfast there was an excellent choice of fresh breads and the usual continental items,and some very nice fruit juices and coffee.
The swimmig pool was on the same floor as the restaurant and the recreation area.plenty of sunbeds and towels available from reception.
The hotel is located in a pleasant area overlooking the sea.There is a good supermarket and lots of restaurants nearby.Next to the hotel entrance is a travel agency where island excursions can be booked but if you wish to go into town,the hotel runs a free courtesy bus which goes every hour except 1pm
Considering that the Floriana is a 3 star hotel we were very satisfied with our stay and thought it was good value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located close to the promenade, with great views over the ocean. Studio and 1 bedroom apartments with balcony and fully equipped kitchenette. Gardens, outdoor pool and spa. Free wifi in public areas. Restaurante/bar. Shuttle bus to city center. There are studios and 1 bedroom apartments with capacity of up to 4 people, a fully equipped kitchenette or kitchen, private balconies and cable TV. Free parking with limited places. Our hotel is ideal for active clients looking for self-catering, who want to fully explore and enjoy Madeira, on affordable holidays without abdicating the comfort of a hotel located in the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Dorisol Florasol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dorisol Florasol Funchal
- Dorisol Florasol Hotel Funchal
- Dorisol Florasol Madeira/Funchal