Our first time in Madeira. We were not sure what we had arrived at to begin with, but after two days we found it pleasant and though not what we expected, we were happy with it. The room was on the 8th floor, it had a small cooking area,with fridge, microwave, hot plates, coffee maker, small bedroom area and balcony. Noise at night was a bit loud, but when as close to other properties, it is expected, view was facing west which gave us the evening sun and a bit of sea view. It was easy to talk to the locals who explained about the Island and it's financial problems and a large drop in the tourist industry, this put what we saw into understanding conditions. We had gone to Cyprus last year and our treatment in a 5 star hotel was very poor and were ripped off at every opportunity. This Hotel though 3 star was more homely and the staff very pleasant. Food acceptable, we had gone for 1/2 board but could eat out in a many of restaurants within easy reach if we wished. The small supermarket on the next corner provided us with provisions. The town was within easy walking distance. We will be returning again and to the same hotel and maybe the same room. After reading some of the reviews, the last one about cockroaches, one should have a look at the restaurants in the U.K. then criticise. Its not a perfect world.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located close to the promenade, with great views over the ocean. Studio and 1 bedroom apartments with balcony and fully equipped kitchenette. Gardens, outdoor pool and spa. Free wifi in public areas. Restaurante/bar. Shuttle bus to city center. There are studios and 1 bedroom apartments with capacity of up to 4 people, a fully equipped kitchenette or kitchen, private balconies and cable TV. Free parking with limited places. Our hotel is ideal for active clients looking for self-catering, who want to fully explore and enjoy Madeira, on affordable holidays without abdicating the comfort of a hotel located in the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and Cancelon so you can book your Dorisol Florasol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dorisol Florasol Funchal
- Dorisol Florasol Hotel Funchal
- Dorisol Florasol Madeira/Funchal