It’s in the Centre of the city, so traffic noise exists but it’s not overwhelming. Old town is within walking distance. A shopping centre is 5 minutes away with a Pingo Doce supermarket.
We had rooms on the top floor (numbers 19 and 20), so we had a magnificent advantage: the roof terrace with great views of Funchal, the terrace has tables and chairs so you can eat outside. These apartments have 2 rooms, 4 individual beds and the possibility for 2 extra beds; 2 bathrooms with shower and hairdryer. Furniture is a little bit outdated but in good condition. Change of towels is done every day. A small kitchen with fridge, microwave and the essential kitchenware is also available. Cable TV is available on both rooms. Good breakfast included, with various breads, cheese, ham, cereals, fruit, yogurt, coffee, milk and tea, etc. Free WiFi is available and also free Internet corner at the lobby. No AC available.
If you plan to go walking on “levadas”, like we were, the manager is very helpful, he knows the trails because he himself does it .The staff is very friendly and welcoming.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Apartamentos Sao Paulo - AT*** and Apartamentos Alegria I and II - Al- are a 30 studio apartments located in 3 historical neighboring buildings perfectly located at the heart of Funchal, within walking distance from all Funchal's main points of interest, shopping areas and bus stations. Each studio has been decorated with simplicity and comfort. At guests request studios with balcony or facing the garden are also available. All of our one or two bedroom studios come with compact fully equipped kitchens, 1 or 2 bathrooms, 1 or 2 flat screen tv's with internacional channels, telephone, safe and free wi-fi. Apartamentos Sao Paulo e Alegria offer daily housekeeping, continental buffet breakfast, complimentary Wi-Fi , panoranic roof terrace, garden and barbecue area, conference room, rent-a-car service, transfer service , tickets to excursions and ferry boat trips and multilingual reception. The staff provide the best suggestions to visit the Island and the manager being an expert Levada walker itself will make the best to ensure that guests get to know the Island as locals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Apartamentos Sao Paulo e Alegria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sao Paulo e Alegria Hotel Funchal
- Apartamentos Sao Paulo e Alegria Madeira/Funchal