Our room was a good size and very comfortable, the bathroom needs an update and it was difficult to get into the shower/bath. A plug so I could have a bath would have been nice. Had a minor problem with ants in the bathroom, but they soon disappeared. The air con fan was too loud to leave on overnight.The buffet breakfast was excellent. The half board menu was a bit restrictive on a couple of occasions but the food in general was very nice. The staff make the hotel, they were all friendly & helpful, especially the waiters. The rooftop pool was fantastic, but, there was no jacuzzi which was disappointing. The hotel minibus was useful & the local buses are easy to use & very cheap.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ocean Gardens Hotel with a privileged location on the top of a cliff, offers amazing ocean views and views to the Bay of Funchal. This charming Hotel, offers to its guests comfort and well-being in a welcoming and familiar atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Ocean Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Gardens Funchal
- Ocean Gardens Hotel Funchal
- Ocean Gardens Madeira/Funchal