The hotel was very nice and clean with a beautiful sea view. Receptionists extremely helpful. I had a twin room & was really pleased with it. Breakfast was fresh and more than adequate. I booked the transfers to/from the Hotel, but Bus 113 goes to/from the airport & stops outside the hotel for about 3 euros & 15 cents. Look at the timetable to ensure the bus you get on is not for example 7.00 (E) as this (E) means it is an express bus and does not stop at the Hotel/ Airport. The hotel has a free shuttle bus that goes into town at 10am and collects at 1pm or goes into town again at 3pm & collects at 5pm. They drop off & collect near the parks.
Bus into town is number 39 (yellow bus) & costs 1.95 euros & stops outside hotel on way into town & opp side of road on way back. The hotel restaurant is really expensive.
You cannot exchange money in the hotel or banks, but can do so at Bureau de change booths in Town.
I would recommend this hotel without hesitation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ocean Gardens Hotel with a privileged location on the top of a cliff, offers amazing ocean views and views to the Bay of Funchal. This charming Hotel, offers to its guests comfort and well-being in a welcoming and familiar atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Ebookers, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Ocean Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Gardens Funchal
- Ocean Gardens Hotel Funchal
- Ocean Gardens Madeira/Funchal