I actually booked to stay at Ocean Gardens as I had won a 2 day break at a more expensive Hotel in Funchal and wanted to extend my stay without paying too much, I wish the whole week was at Ocean gardens as it was so much more us. The staff was always very friendly, our room was comfortable and the view was fantastic, we went in the Pool and Jacuzzi and Just felt welcome the whole time. Yes you can not walk in to town but that was never a problem as the local buses were so regular you did not need to. We actually went to the west side “Hotel District” while we were there and were so grateful we had not booked a hotel there it was busy and pushy and to be honest a bit trashy where as Ocean Gardens is peaceful but easy to reach after going to town (Taxi’s varied in Price the cheapest were from the Rank in the old town which was about 8 Euros) Bus was 1e50 – each. We will be going back to Ocean gardens as soon as possible.The attached restaurant we found to be friendly and had the most sensational meat dishes and we ate there 3 times while we stayed at the hotel as the quality was so good. We did go for some meals in town and can recommend the Old town section for the best choice and meals otherwise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ocean Gardens Hotel with a privileged location on the top of a cliff, offers amazing ocean views and views to the Bay of Funchal. This charming Hotel, offers to its guests comfort and well-being in a welcoming and familiar atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Ocean Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Gardens Funchal
- Ocean Gardens Hotel Funchal
- Ocean Gardens Madeira/Funchal