This is a lovely family home, in a quiet part of Funchal, but on the bus route and only 10 mins from the centre by car. Secluded, quite a large garden, overlooking the bay, with a verandah outside on which sumptuous breakfasts were served in the pleasant March sunshine. Rita & Filipe are assiduous in their effort to make everyone feel at home, Maria (the resident maid) knows the place inside out and Vitelina is extremely efficient in both tidying rooms and serving breakfast - I can't work how she does both at the same time, but she does.
We certainly intend to re-visit
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Quinta could be considered a heritage home. The property has been converted into a comfortable quiet and discreet bed and breakfast guesthouse. The Quinta enjoys a spectacular and awesome view overlooking the sea with the harbor and centre of Funchal at its feet. For most part of the year breakfast can be served in the charming and peaceful terrace. The rest of the time will be served in the dining room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Quinta Sao Goncalo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quinta Sao Goncalo Hotel Funchal
- Quinta Sao Goncalo Madeira/Funchal