If you're travelling to Madeira as a couple, wanting to stress off and relax in beautiful surroundings, Quinta São Goncalo is the perfect accommodation.
Situated in a part of Funchal, where you hardly ever see any other tourists than the other few staying here, you are far away from the world of hotel chains, international concepts and designer smartness.
We enjoyed a wonderful November week in the junior suite, going to bed at night and waking up in the morning with the most amazing view of the city centre and the sea. The lazy hours spend in the sunshine on the private balcony and chatting with the other quests at breakfast or in the garden was the best anti-stress treatment imaginable.
Like other reviewers say, Rita and her staff succeed in making you feel at home. The smooth way in which the rooms are tidied while the (great) breakfast is served is one the best routines I've ever come across.
If you're in the romantic mood and feel like staying in an old movie, or if you just need to pull the plug a few days from a busy schedule don't hesitate to book right away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Quinta could be considered a heritage home. The property has been converted into a comfortable quiet and discreet bed and breakfast guesthouse. The Quinta enjoys a spectacular and awesome view overlooking the sea with the harbor and centre of Funchal at its feet. For most part of the year breakfast can be served in the charming and peaceful terrace. The rest of the time will be served in the dining room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Quinta Sao Goncalo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quinta Sao Goncalo Hotel Funchal
- Quinta Sao Goncalo Madeira/Funchal