“Uau Chocolate!!!!”
Review of UauCacau

UauCacau
Ranked #1 of 35 Dessert in Funchal
Cuisines: Cafe
Description: Adoçamos a vida de quem nos procura! Sem corantes nem conservantes, os chocolates da UAUCACAU distinguem-se pela sua beleza, consistência e sabores naturais! É com imenso orgulho que destacamos a nossa participação num Concurso Nacional no qual o bombom UAUCACAU de Maracujá foi galardoado com a medalha de ouro, sendo até aos dias de hoje o chocolate mais procurado. Concretizamos projetos personalizados para Clientes, com as suas cores, recheios e logotipos! A UAUCACAU surge em 2014 pelas mãos de Tony Fernandes, empresário e mestre chocolateiro que apostou numa produção artesanal, com os mais elevados padrões de qualidade, recorrendo a produtos típicos da Madeira, tais como: vinho Madeira, Ginja, Poncha, Mel de Cana, Maracujá, Banana, Pitanga, Manga, entre outros. Com recheios inconfundíveis, a UAUCACAU utiliza matérias primas de agricultores locais, assegurando a rastreabilidade de todo o processo de fabrico
Reviewed 6 April 2016

This is my favorite shop in the World for buy chocolates!! Is really really good!! I already went to Brussels and ate at Pierre Marcolini, Leonidas and one of my favorite Café Tasse. Before i favorite shop on the world was Cacao Sampaka in Madrid, pretty amazing this shop. But then Uau Cacau opened, and is my favourite in World!! If you are visiting Madeira its MANDATORY to go Uau Cacau!! My favorites are:Passion fruit, Pineapple, Tanzânia. The Problem is the Chocolatier Master of this shop is always with new flavour!! I need to go there every week!! My advice if you really know how to appreciate chocolates and you love chocolates, buy the biggest box of chocolates!!

Date of visit: January 2016
1  Thank Sdo23

Reviewed 31 March 2016

Wonderful hot chocolate, simply the best I have ever tasted. I went here 3 times during our 6 day stay around Funchal and can honestly say it's divine!! I would have gone every day but it is serious chocolate fest made with cream and proper chocolate...you are on holiday you deserve it! Fabulous chocolates too. Try the rose and black pepper amazing...or the pistachio with caramel and salt. Good service and apparently the coffee is good too according to my husband! Took chocolates home and very good value. Would have taken the hot chocolate too if I could!

Date of visit: March 2016
1  Thank 817mandy2016
Reviewed 29 March 2016

Fantastic chocolates!!! can't wait to go back and but more in October. Great service and met Tony behind the counter when I was asking for dark chocolates with ginger! Susie from Scotland

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed 29 January 2016

My friend told me where to find this coffee/ chocolate shop, a little road parallel with the cathedral, it is certainly worth a visit.
We had coffee and cake, excellent, and bought a box of the wonderful jewel like chocolates, then went back for 2 more boxes the next day!

Date of visit: January 2016
Reviewed 7 November 2015

Fantastic artisan chocolate shop and cafe in a quiet pedestrian street in the old town. The made to order special hot chocolate is probably the best hot chocolate you will ever taste...together with a selection of the home made chocolates and a piece of chocolate cake, it's a chocoholics heaven!

Date of visit: November 2015