We had a fabulous holiday between 19/09/2011 and 3/10/2011. It was our first all inclusive. The Hotel was amazingly well laid out with excellent facilities. We thought the best pool was the salt water pool which had a really good Jacuzzi section, although the fresh water pool was great and not too chlorinated. We didn't use the gym or the indoor pool but both seemed really good.
The hotel staff were brilliant and always ready to help. The service really couldn't have been better. The general buffet restaurant provided a wide variety of food and we could always find something we enjoyed. The desserts were particularly good.
However, our most enjoyable meals were served in the Mediterrânico. we had to pay an extra 17.50 euros each but it was well worth it.
We generally had a light lunch in the Pool Bar and this was always an enjoyable experience.
The beach is accessed by a private gate, I rate it as one of the best beaches in europe and the sea was relatively warm at 23C. The hotel have provided a small beach bar which serves hot and cold drinks as well as ice creams (all part of the all inclusive).
It is well worth venturing out of the hotel and the it's a 40 minute walk in either direction. Vila Baleira is in one direction (the capital City) it's very small and quite pretty with just enough bars and restaurants to give some variety but don't expect great shopping!
In the other direction is Calheta which is a very small village with a good restaurant and bar overlooking a fabulous seascape.
We couldn't fault the resort or Porto Santo for a lazy relaxing stress free hedonistic holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pestana Porto Santo Beach Resort & Spa is located on the fantastic Porto Santo beach , a sandy beach 9 km long, and it is surrounded by a tropical garden of 30,000 m2 and two enormous outdoor pools of a natural style, making it one of the best hotels in Porto Santo. This hotel in Porto Santo operates under an "All Inclusive" regime, making it the ideal location for anyone wishing to spend holidays in Porto Santo without any concerns at all. So, if holidays to you mean time with friends and family, enjoying the sun, the sea and the therapeutic sands of Porto Santo, taking a dive into the pool, exercising in the gymnasium, playing a game of tennis on the multi-purpose court, or simply relaxing in the spa, then the Pestana Porto Santo is the hotel for you. The rooms of the Pestana Porto Santo are decorated in tones of blue and ocean green and include a private balcony. Although it is a hotel with "All Inclusive", it has 3 restaurants that offer a selection of Italian and Madeira cuisine and three enchanting bars, which includes the "Sunset Bar", which has fantastic views over the sea. The concept of this resort in Porto Santo underscores the philosophy of preserving the environment, taking into account the needs of sustainability of the surroundings where it is located. Various solar panels have been installed and the hotel has its own desalinisation plant, which has earned the hotel "The Green Key" certificate for its environmental management. The beach of Ribeiro Salgado, which is a concession of Pestana Porto Santo Beach Resort & Spa, was presented with the Blue Flag by the FEE - Foundation for Environment Education, due to the quality of the water, the information and environmental education, the environmental management, and the safety, services and support infrastructures. The main village, Vila Baleira, is a mere 5 minutes by car from this 5 star hotel, as is the 18-hole golf course, which offers you the unique opportunity of playing on a course designed by the Spanish champion Severiano Ballesteros; all this, with the sea as your horizon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Prestigia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Hotel.de, HRS and Ebookers so you can book your Pestana Porto Santo All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pestana Porto Santo Beach Resort & Spa - All Inclusive Hotel Porto Santo
- Pestana Porto Santo Beach Resort And Spa - All Inclusive
- Pestana Hotel Porto Santo
- Pestana Resort Porto Santo