Well I was a bit apprehensive going here because there were a lot of mix reviews mainly about the food,I will have to say that yes the buffet food is (this is our opinion)only good at breakfast/lunch it could very well be ok for everyone else. We decided after the first day (1st oct) we would have our evening meals in the pizzeria and our special meal in the 17.50euros extra resturant very very nice would recommend to do this one at least once.On our anniversary we did go and have the special we even cooked our meal ourselves never done that before.
On the first evening we arrived,we never had a chance to look around the complex so didn't know there was anything different to what we had seen in the Thomson brochures and on the web.
After we had our evening meal decide to look around complex it was dark outside and didn't relaise that there was a lazy river going round the swimming pool(which is not shown on photos of hotel by Thomson or hotel) and promptly fell in hurt my knee and arm. But I did give my family at home a good laugh.
I spoke to Mario the Thomson rep regarding this ad he filled in a report,as I didn't have E111 card couldn't go to clinic.
Porto santo is a remarkable place, went on a Jeep tour our guide had wonderful knowledge of the place having lived there all his life. There is no hospital on island you are airlifted to Maderia please remember to get a E111 card before you leave it covers you for five years,we were told you don't need one by Thomson but you do this is why I had no treatment for my leg. The Jeep tour I would highly recommend as there is no other way to see the island and I would like to thank Mario for getting me a front seat due to my leg. Those of you who know Mario he will be back next year but alas Andrew won't .
The Hotel is surberb the swimming pool is the biggest I've seen and apart from the buffet resturant the others are excellent. You can get a bed round the pool during the time we were there(1-8 oct)we had a lovely room on the ground floor up in block five this is the quitest area although the whole place is well laid out and everything is immaculate,you could be anywhere in complex and you wouldn't here any music from disco as it finishes quite early,but saying that I wasnt there in August so it may go on longer and I have to say like other reviewers there pillows on bed where extremely GOOD!!!! Had the best sleep ever.
I didn't eat in the bar near swimming pool because we prefer the other resturants, they don't have drinks like Baileys, Port, Mailbu and a few other well known drinks we have over here,but I will say you can have sangria in red,white or rose wine and this is scummy.
The beach is 7miles long and the only one on the island the island itself is smaller than the isle of wight/man it is only 7 by 4 in all get around in 3hrs with stops on Jeep.
In all I loved this holiday even though I had mishap on first day, would love to go back I will say room service is very expensive so are the beds on beach,but the beach is a lovely walk into town only takes forty five mins to walk and the beach is good for your feet/body as its got minerals in it.
There is plenty to do in this hotel you have a indoor swimming pool as well as outside ones,there is a play area for children and also as we found on the day before we left a table tennis table,to beable to play must go to reception to get bats and ball this can be found over by the children's are back of swimming pool(indoor).when you arrive the next day you have a welcome meeting which tells you all about hotel and trips also where this takes place is the evening entertainment and there is also a pool table,and you meet Mario he is one of the most outstanding reps I have ever seen,he has this area where you can leave unwanted items you don't want to take back to uk and if you have left something behind he may have it in his swop shop also you can swop books and leave magazines. I am so glad he is returning next year one of the greats Thomson need more like him.This hotel caters for very young to the older generation give it ago,in my opinion is is five stars all the way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pestana Porto Santo Beach Resort & Spa is located on the fantastic Porto Santo beach , a sandy beach 9 km long, and it is surrounded by a tropical garden of 30,000 m2 and two enormous outdoor pools of a natural style, making it one of the best hotels in Porto Santo. This hotel in Porto Santo operates under an "All Inclusive" regime, making it the ideal location for anyone wishing to spend holidays in Porto Santo without any concerns at all. So, if holidays to you mean time with friends and family, enjoying the sun, the sea and the therapeutic sands of Porto Santo, taking a dive into the pool, exercising in the gymnasium, playing a game of tennis on the multi-purpose court, or simply relaxing in the spa, then the Pestana Porto Santo is the hotel for you. The rooms of the Pestana Porto Santo are decorated in tones of blue and ocean green and include a private balcony. Although it is a hotel with "All Inclusive", it has 3 restaurants that offer a selection of Italian and Madeira cuisine and three enchanting bars, which includes the "Sunset Bar", which has fantastic views over the sea. The concept of this resort in Porto Santo underscores the philosophy of preserving the environment, taking into account the needs of sustainability of the surroundings where it is located. Various solar panels have been installed and the hotel has its own desalinisation plant, which has earned the hotel "The Green Key" certificate for its environmental management. The beach of Ribeiro Salgado, which is a concession of Pestana Porto Santo Beach Resort & Spa, was presented with the Blue Flag by the FEE - Foundation for Environment Education, due to the quality of the water, the information and environmental education, the environmental management, and the safety, services and support infrastructures. The main village, Vila Baleira, is a mere 5 minutes by car from this 5 star hotel, as is the 18-hole golf course, which offers you the unique opportunity of playing on a course designed by the Spanish champion Severiano Ballesteros; all this, with the sea as your horizon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Prestigia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Pestana Porto Santo All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pestana Porto Santo Beach Resort & Spa - All Inclusive Hotel Porto Santo
- Pestana Porto Santo Beach Resort And Spa - All Inclusive
- Pestana Hotel Porto Santo
- Pestana Resort Porto Santo