Just returned from 2 wk stay at this lovely hotel. the staff are amazing, they all want you to have a great time and do everything to make your holiday there memorable. I suppose being a fairly new destination for Brits they are trying to make you want to return. I would go in a heartbeat as the service, attitude everything about this hotel was wonderful.
Though to be honest a week is enough on this island. We went with Thomson's and from their brochure I expected weather similar to the Canaries, be warned even in August it can be chilly in the evenings, days can be very cloudy. Take a cardigan or jacket.
There is a wonderful beach but very little else. The shopping is very limited, one small supermarket and couple of souvenir shops selling usual tat, and that's it, no little boutiques, artisan/crafts, no perfumes, leather goods. Can get the ferry to Madeira 65 Euro, this sails Fridays, unfortunately it had mechanical problems and didn't sail when we planned to go.I believe the shopping in Funchal is very good. I do like to spend some money in resorts as feel guilty when satying all inc. that no money is going to local businesses but there is really no where to spend in Porto Santo other than restaurants and bars. You don't need them when staying in such a great hotel as the Pestana, food was excellent plenty of choice for all tastes. Be aware the Columbo hotel shares the site, this luxury 5 * opened in July. This year Pestana guests can use all their facilities and vice versa, this did put a strain on the pool area at the Pestana as the kid's animation is all based in the Pestana this year, however it did mean the pool at the Columbo was deliciously quiet and empty. Both hotels have lovely indoor pools that we made use of on the dull mornings, sometimes we were the only two in there. Thomson's also have a terrific rep called Mario who does a guided walk along the beach to the town, he has 28 yrs experience with the firm and proved invaluable when our return flight didn't arrive but diverted to Tenerife, once aware of the situation, without fuss he and Christian arranged for the whole flight to go to the Pestana for an extra night
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pestana Porto Santo Beach Resort & Spa is located on the fantastic Porto Santo beach , a sandy beach 9 km long, and it is surrounded by a tropical garden of 30,000 m2 and two enormous outdoor pools of a natural style, making it one of the best hotels in Porto Santo. This hotel in Porto Santo operates under an "All Inclusive" regime, making it the ideal location for anyone wishing to spend holidays in Porto Santo without any concerns at all. So, if holidays to you mean time with friends and family, enjoying the sun, the sea and the therapeutic sands of Porto Santo, taking a dive into the pool, exercising in the gymnasium, playing a game of tennis on the multi-purpose court, or simply relaxing in the spa, then the Pestana Porto Santo is the hotel for you. The rooms of the Pestana Porto Santo are decorated in tones of blue and ocean green and include a private balcony. Although it is a hotel with "All Inclusive", it has 3 restaurants that offer a selection of Italian and Madeira cuisine and three enchanting bars, which includes the "Sunset Bar", which has fantastic views over the sea. The concept of this resort in Porto Santo underscores the philosophy of preserving the environment, taking into account the needs of sustainability of the surroundings where it is located. Various solar panels have been installed and the hotel has its own desalinisation plant, which has earned the hotel "The Green Key" certificate for its environmental management. The beach of Ribeiro Salgado, which is a concession of Pestana Porto Santo Beach Resort & Spa, was presented with the Blue Flag by the FEE - Foundation for Environment Education, due to the quality of the water, the information and environmental education, the environmental management, and the safety, services and support infrastructures. The main village, Vila Baleira, is a mere 5 minutes by car from this 5 star hotel, as is the 18-hole golf course, which offers you the unique opportunity of playing on a course designed by the Spanish champion Severiano Ballesteros; all this, with the sea as your horizon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Pestana Porto Santo All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pestana Porto Santo Beach Resort And Spa - All Inclusive
- Pestana Porto Santo Beach Resort & Spa - All Inclusive Hotel Porto Santo
- Pestana Hotel Porto Santo
- Pestana Resort Porto Santo