We spent a week at the beautiful Pestana in Porto Santo. I can honestly say that this holiday was perfection in every way.
Location - Firstly Ignore negative comments about the location (I am certain these people must have never been or are from a rival hotel) as everywhere on the island is within easy distance as the island is so small. We walked every day in to town, we strolled along the beach & along the road both very pleasant.
Food - Once again I do not understand any negative comments we had a party of eight people with very different tastes in food & everyone thought the food was fantastic with a great variety. The fruit is to die for make sure you try the banana-passion fruit they are divine. Also make sure you try the steak sandwiches from the Dunas bar.
Rooms - Set out perfectly with great attention to detail. Very clean & spacious, never felt cramped even when there was five of us in one suite. Beds very comfy & air conditioned rooms meant a pleasant nights sleep.
Facilities - Well words fail me at just how good they are, the pool do not only look stunning but they are so well maintained. The spa is great with so much to choose from, plenty of fresh towels on hand. There is also a sand football pitch, table tennis, climbing frame, basket ball & tennis courts all of which we never had to wait to use. What also great is they do not detract from how stunning the resort is, not noisy or an ugly area anywhere.
Staff & reps - Well you could not ask for better in anyway. Mario the rep is awesome in everyway, so helpful, friendly & informative.
The Pestana Staff couldn't have done more for us, always going the extra mile even carried drinks the length of the pool so the children didn't have to. So attentive & friendly was every member of staff we came in to contact with.
The Beach - Well its so die for, you walk out of the resort on to the most amazing view of the beach & sea. We walked from one end to the other it is simply stunning. Never over crowded & no rubbish or dirt in sight.
Must do -
Safari trip of the island which you can arrange with Mario
Boat trips around the island which staff are only happy to help arrange
We hired bikes and cycled the whole island definitely something worth doing, the children loved it on their tandem.
Cannot recommend this holiday any more, we cannot wait to go back. And everyone who has spoke to us or seen our photograph's cannot wait to get there. Its a little piece of paradise!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pestana Porto Santo hotel is a 5-star beach resort, on the island of Porto Santo, Madeira, and is all inclusive (breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and domestic beverages). Recently voted the best All Inclusive resort in Europe, it is located on Portugal's best beach, the Porto Santo beach, with 9 km of fine sand and warm water. Just 1 minute on foot from the beach, this hotel also offers 2 large swimming pools surrounded by 30,000 m² of gardens. Guests can enjoy its 6 restaurants and 5 bars, as well as a Spa area with a heated swimming pool, water jets, sauna, Turkish bath, Hamman and gym. And for the little ones, the hotel has sports fields, game rooms and the Kids Club. The rooms are decorated with blue ocean hues and each has a flat-screen TV and balcony. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TravelUp, Alpha Holidays Limited, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Prestigia, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pestana Porto Santo All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pestana Porto Santo Beach Resort And Spa - All Inclusive
- Pestana Porto Santo Beach Resort & Spa - All Inclusive Hotel Porto Santo
- Pestana Hotel Porto Santo
- Pestana Resort Porto Santo