We arrived after our 15 minute transfer from the airport and were greeted by smiling and friendly staff. We were quickly checked in and our bags were taken to our room for us. The food offered every day was excellent - breakfast, lunch and dinner. The staff is the restaurant were very effiecient and took good care of us. The three evening we had in the themed restaurant were also superb - Med was the stand out for use but Koi was also excellent. The kebab in the Madeira restaurant was great. Our room was really nice and super clean.
The pools were a little cold and the spa pool wasn't at the temperature we'd expect from a spa. However, we did have access to the spa pool in the sister hotel next door which was like a bath!! The entertainment in the evenings was really good and a particular mention should go to the Animation team who were amazing. Another mention should go to the bar staff who put on a great cocktail making show. The drinks were all impressive, the free wine is passable - especially the sparkling variety - and the local beer (Coral) was as good as any lager I've tasted.
The Thomson reps on site were very helpful and knowledgable - can't be faulted.
The island itself is lovely and although small the main town has some great shops and the restaurants in the square produce some lovely seafood (my wife loved the limpets). The main attraction of Porto Santo has to be the beech. It is 9km long, sandy and spectacular!! It must rate as one of the best beaches in Europe. Because there are so few hotels on the beach it was alway practically empty. The walk to town (40 mins) was a joy along the beach.
Porto Santo and this hotel remain an undiscovered gem - get over there before it becomes over developed!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pestana Porto Santo hotel is a 5-star beach resort, on the island of Porto Santo, Madeira, and is all inclusive (breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and domestic beverages). Recently voted the best All Inclusive resort in Europe, it is located on Portugal's best beach, the Porto Santo beach, with 9 km of fine sand and warm water. Just 1 minute on foot from the beach, this hotel also offers 2 large swimming pools surrounded by 30,000 m² of gardens. Guests can enjoy its 6 restaurants and 5 bars, as well as a Spa area with a heated swimming pool, water jets, sauna, Turkish bath, Hamman and gym. And for the little ones, the hotel has sports fields, game rooms and the Kids Club. The rooms are decorated with blue ocean hues and each has a flat-screen TV and balcony. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Prestigia, TravelUp, PESTANA MANAGEMENT - Servicos de Gestao S.A., Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Pestana Porto Santo All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pestana Porto Santo Beach Resort And Spa - All Inclusive
- Pestana Porto Santo Beach Resort & Spa - All Inclusive Hotel Porto Santo
- Pestana Hotel Porto Santo
- Pestana Resort Porto Santo