My partner and I stayed at this hotel for a week and we couldn't have been happier with it. The hotel is just 15 minutes from the airport and although there was a queue to check in, we were offered drinks as soon as we got off the coach and the whole process was smooth and efficient - a member of staff went ahead and took our cases to our rooms for us, and even though we didn't arrive at the hotel until after 9pm there was still plenty of time to hit the buffet.
Room - We had a lovely surprise when we got to our room and found that instead of the double room we had booked, we had been upgraded to a suite! We were in Villa 5 on the first floor and had a balcony with a lovely view of the mountains. It was also really quiet so we had a good, undisturbed sleep every night.
Location - The hotel is right on the beach - just go past the pool bar and through the gate, and a gorgeous, quiet beach is there waiting for you. Turn right for more peaceful beach, or go left for a lovely 40 minute walk to the main village.
Food - The buffet offered standard continental breakfast, bacon and eggs etc, all good stuff, and a pretty good selection to choose from in the evenings, e.g. a few different meats, at least two types of potatoes, a different type of rice every night, and some really nice desserts! If you're peckish for lunch in the afternoon the burgers at the pool bar are good, too. We also tried the Italian a la carte restaurant and the Medeiran a la carte restaurant - the former wasn't anything special but if you like steak, the beef kebab at the Medeiran is a must-have.
Hotel facilities/grounds - The hotel looks great from the outside, with a really nice, quiet outdoor pool that has a sheltered indoor section to it that's great to sit in if it's a bit windy out. The hotel has done a good job of separating the noisier, more child-friendly part of the pool with the entertainment, away from a much quieter and more peaceful area. We didn't use the spa or indoor pool but that also looked really nice.
Entertainment/bar - The entertainment was good; either sit inside and watch and enjoy the atmosphere, or you can sit outside on the balcony and listen to the entertainment in the background - the female acoustic guitarist was good and the music quiz was fun, too. We also had fun sampling a few of the cocktails in the bar!
We would also recommend the 4x4 safari excursion which we booked through Thomson. It takes you all around the island so you can see the differences between the north and south of Porto Santo, and you can get some really good pictures from up in the mountains.
Other nice little touches included waiter service for drinks at the pool bar; a wave or a hug from the blue tiger before we got on the coach to leave; and a speaker in our bathroom linked to the TV, so you can keep listening while you brush your teeth! The staff were all really friendly, whether at the reception, in the restaurant or at the bar. If we were to visit the island again we wouldn't think of staying anywhere else!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pestana Porto Santo hotel is a 5-star beach resort, on the island of Porto Santo, Madeira, and is all inclusive (breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and domestic beverages). Recently voted the best All Inclusive resort in Europe, it is located on Portugal's best beach, the Porto Santo beach, with 9 km of fine sand and warm water. Just 1 minute on foot from the beach, this hotel also offers 2 large swimming pools surrounded by 30,000 m² of gardens. Guests can enjoy its 6 restaurants and 5 bars, as well as a Spa area with a heated swimming pool, water jets, sauna, Turkish bath, Hamman and gym. And for the little ones, the hotel has sports fields, game rooms and the Kids Club. The rooms are decorated with blue ocean hues and each has a flat-screen TV and balcony. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, PESTANA MANAGEMENT - Servicos de Gestao S.A., LoveHolidays, Alpha Holidays Limited, Prestigia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Pestana Porto Santo All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pestana Porto Santo Beach Resort And Spa - All Inclusive
- Pestana Porto Santo Beach Resort & Spa - All Inclusive Hotel Porto Santo
- Pestana Hotel Porto Santo
- Pestana Resort Porto Santo