As with most people, the island of Porto Santo was completely unknown to me, a little prior research helped me to become more aware of what to expect. The sun is strong, so is the "breeze", this is the Atlantic after all ! but this small island has much to offer if you are prepared to accept the limitations of a space roughly 9 miles by 5.
Regarding the Hotel, I list the positives as being, beautifully designed, well maintained grounds, a high standard of cleanliness, an attractive coastal location , spacious rooms and more than anything, very helpful and courteous staff from management to all levels. This latter is a big plus. It is in catering that I have reservations, the three specialist restaurants we tried were the Koi Japanese), the Italian and the Mediterranean. We were new to Japanese cuisine but were expertly guided by a young lady who even explained the correct procedure in handling chopsticks. The Mediterranean Restaurant (just next door at the Colombus), was fine, lovely food, tastefully served. Where the Pestana falls down is in the cafeteria service ; this is often crowded, noisy and congested and the food is not always as good as it should be; my tip would be to eat next door at the sister Colombus Hotel on non specialist nights as it is far more spacious and has a quieter and more relaxed ambience, especially for couples. I cannot rate the Pestana as excellent in all areas because of the catering inadequacies, however, I would recommend it as otherwise a very good hotel , ideal for a relaxing week. We would certainly return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pestana Porto Santo Beach Resort & Spa is located on the fantastic Porto Santo beach , a sandy beach 9 km long, and it is surrounded by a tropical garden of 30,000 m2 and two enormous outdoor pools of a natural style, making it one of the best hotels in Porto Santo. This hotel in Porto Santo operates under an "All Inclusive" regime, making it the ideal location for anyone wishing to spend holidays in Porto Santo without any concerns at all. So, if holidays to you mean time with friends and family, enjoying the sun, the sea and the therapeutic sands of Porto Santo, taking a dive into the pool, exercising in the gymnasium, playing a game of tennis on the multi-purpose court, or simply relaxing in the spa, then the Pestana Porto Santo is the hotel for you. The rooms of the Pestana Porto Santo are decorated in tones of blue and ocean green and include a private balcony. Although it is a hotel with "All Inclusive", it has 3 restaurants that offer a selection of Italian and Madeira cuisine and three enchanting bars, which includes the "Sunset Bar", which has fantastic views over the sea. The concept of this resort in Porto Santo underscores the philosophy of preserving the environment, taking into account the needs of sustainability of the surroundings where it is located. Various solar panels have been installed and the hotel has its own desalinisation plant, which has earned the hotel "The Green Key" certificate for its environmental management. The beach of Ribeiro Salgado, which is a concession of Pestana Porto Santo Beach Resort & Spa, was presented with the Blue Flag by the FEE - Foundation for Environment Education, due to the quality of the water, the information and environmental education, the environmental management, and the safety, services and support infrastructures. The main village, Vila Baleira, is a mere 5 minutes by car from this 5 star hotel, as is the 18-hole golf course, which offers you the unique opportunity of playing on a course designed by the Spanish champion Severiano Ballesteros; all this, with the sea as your horizon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Pestana Porto Santo All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pestana Porto Santo Beach Resort And Spa - All Inclusive
- Pestana Porto Santo Beach Resort & Spa - All Inclusive Hotel Porto Santo
- Pestana Hotel Porto Santo
- Pestana Resort Porto Santo