I will start with 'wow' what a place!! I have never known such fantastic customer service from all staff, not just management.
Upon arrival at the hotel, we were greeted by members of the fantastic animation team, hotel mascot Pestinha the Tiger, balloon objects for the children and cool drinks! What a welcome!
The hotel and rooms are lovely, rooms are spacious with ample storage (2 adults and 2 children) with a bath and shower over. The room also had mini fridge with complimentary water, flat screen TV and dvd player (fab for the morning episode of peppa pig)
Food and restaurants...
There are 2 themed restaurants (Japanese and Italian) and the main buffet restaurant. In the sister hotel next door there are a further two (Mediterranean and Madeiran) and buffet restaurant. The sister hotel serves the same themed menu the following day. One thing to be aware of (Thomson/first choice fault) there is no mention in the brochure that the Mediterranean restaurant does not allow children under 12! I was deeply disappointed by this and it should have a mention in the brochure!!
The food was plentiful and good choice, we did prefer however to eat in the colombos majority of the time as it seemed less crowded. Buffet restaurant opens at 7pm in the evening.
Tip!! If you plan on eating in the Al a carte restaurants book on the Tuesday morning between 11 and 2 at guest relations! You get a blue voucher per week which entitles you to 3 reservations, on the first week because we left it late, we could only book 1 at the times we wanted. So be prompt!
There are several pools across both Hotels, but only one 'Children's pool' (in the porto santo hotel) which has a hotel run kids club! A special thanks has to go to Vanessa, Catarina and Bernardo who entertained my children with face paints, play doh, painting and cake making!! Big thank you!! There are two indoor pools for those cloudy days (we had a few) one in the porto santo and the other in colombos (porto santo is adults only) again, doesn't advise in the brochure!!
The porto santo feels family orientated given the kids club etc, so I feel that the colombos should have the adults only indoor pool. Majority of families from both Hotels would use the porto santo pools as there appeared to be slightly more 'atmosphere' the flash dance is a must!! Again, credit to Luciano and his team (hope I've spelt your name correctly) fantastic guy, especially good with balloons ;-)
I really cannot praise the staff enough, every single one of them that we came into contact with, excelled in customer service, so thank you to the staff of Pestana Porto Santo Hotel for making our holiday so memorable, pleasurable and relaxing!!
Last but not least a mention about Angela, the assistant manager. When we arrived, she asked our children their names (Mia and Finn) she remembered the children's names every day, to say I was impressed would be an understatement!! I didn't get chance to say goodbye and thank you for your help!!
I would definitely recommend this hotel and the beautiful island and it's people, we will definitely return one day!! Fantastic hotel, fantastic holiday!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pestana Porto Santo Beach Resort & Spa is located on the fantastic Porto Santo beach , a sandy beach 9 km long, and it is surrounded by a tropical garden of 30,000 m2 and two enormous outdoor pools of a natural style, making it one of the best hotels in Porto Santo. This hotel in Porto Santo operates under an "All Inclusive" regime, making it the ideal location for anyone wishing to spend holidays in Porto Santo without any concerns at all. So, if holidays to you mean time with friends and family, enjoying the sun, the sea and the therapeutic sands of Porto Santo, taking a dive into the pool, exercising in the gymnasium, playing a game of tennis on the multi-purpose court, or simply relaxing in the spa, then the Pestana Porto Santo is the hotel for you. The rooms of the Pestana Porto Santo are decorated in tones of blue and ocean green and include a private balcony. Although it is a hotel with "All Inclusive", it has 3 restaurants that offer a selection of Italian and Madeira cuisine and three enchanting bars, which includes the "Sunset Bar", which has fantastic views over the sea. The concept of this resort in Porto Santo underscores the philosophy of preserving the environment, taking into account the needs of sustainability of the surroundings where it is located. Various solar panels have been installed and the hotel has its own desalinisation plant, which has earned the hotel "The Green Key" certificate for its environmental management. The beach of Ribeiro Salgado, which is a concession of Pestana Porto Santo Beach Resort & Spa, was presented with the Blue Flag by the FEE - Foundation for Environment Education, due to the quality of the water, the information and environmental education, the environmental management, and the safety, services and support infrastructures. The main village, Vila Baleira, is a mere 5 minutes by car from this 5 star hotel, as is the 18-hole golf course, which offers you the unique opportunity of playing on a course designed by the Spanish champion Severiano Ballesteros; all this, with the sea as your horizon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Pestana Porto Santo All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pestana Porto Santo Beach Resort And Spa - All Inclusive
- Pestana Porto Santo Beach Resort & Spa - All Inclusive Hotel Porto Santo
- Pestana Hotel Porto Santo
- Pestana Resort Porto Santo