We enjoyed our holiday so much in 2013 that we just had to come back again. There is so much to be positive about this place - with only a few minor negatives. The hotel and facilities are clean and superbly maintained, and the staff are friendly and helpful at all times. It was busier this year than last, but never overcrowded. The beach is fantastic when you can drag yourself away from the hotel pools and bar. The Animations team provide a feel god factor for all ages with the daily 'Flash Dance' and bond well with kids, teenagers and adults alike with a variety of activities. Most of them have been circus trained at the Chapito Cirkus in Lisbon and are talented gymnasts, acrobats and dancers - providing most of the evening entertainment as well. Given that Porto Santo is an island with a population of 5,000 and 1,000+ miles from the mainland, the Animations team provide a good standard of entertainment, but singing is not their forte! Never mind, the bar staff provide their own entertainment. Meals in the main buffet restaurant can be crowded and the food a bit bland. However the restaurant in the adjoining Columbus hotel is better, less crowded, quieter and has a wider selection of food. There are 4 'premium' restaurants on site that need to be booked in advance using a voucher system. Beware though that they may try to restrict you to one booking per week at each of them to ensure equal access for everyone, although you can override this with a bit of persistence.
What are the negatives then? It just isn't quite 5 star - food and entertainment don't justify such a high ranking. You need to pay for sun beds on the beach - ouch! And you need to pay for a late check out from your room, which is worthwhile for a final shower and freshen up before the late flights home.
Portuguese passport control at the airport is hideously slow both arriving and departing but that doesn't detract from the hotel. When you have endured a slow passage through passport control the welcome at the hotel is refreshing and quite speedy; we certainly didn't experience any delays that a recent review commented on.
Overall, its a fantastic holiday hotel. No complaints!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pestana Porto Santo hotel is a 5-star beach resort, on the island of Porto Santo, Madeira, and is all inclusive (breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and domestic beverages). Recently voted the best All Inclusive resort in Europe, it is located on Portugal's best beach, the Porto Santo beach, with 9 km of fine sand and warm water. Just 1 minute on foot from the beach, this hotel also offers 2 large swimming pools surrounded by 30,000 m² of gardens. Guests can enjoy its 6 restaurants and 5 bars, as well as a Spa area with a heated swimming pool, water jets, sauna, Turkish bath, Hamman and gym. And for the little ones, the hotel has sports fields, game rooms and the Kids Club. The rooms are decorated with blue ocean hues and each has a flat-screen TV and balcony. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Prestigia, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, PESTANA MANAGEMENT - Servicos de Gestao S.A., Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Pestana Porto Santo All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pestana Porto Santo Beach Resort And Spa - All Inclusive
- Pestana Porto Santo Beach Resort & Spa - All Inclusive Hotel Porto Santo
- Pestana Hotel Porto Santo
- Pestana Resort Porto Santo