Just returned yesterday from an amazing two week holiday at this hotel. Arrived at the hotel about 10pm with a lovely reception and check in was swift and the hotel had ensured the restaurant stayed open so all the travellers could have an evening meal while our cases were taken to our rooms. We had emailed previous to travelling as my husband turned 40 during our stay and were upgraded to a suite which was fantastic but saying that the other rooms were lovely too.
Without detailing our holiday day by day we couldn't ask for more. All hotel areas were very clean and well maintained and the staff were lovely and friendly without it being false. The pools were fantastic and we tried all of them , those at our hotel and the ones at the sister hotel the Columbus. It was great having the options, made a nice change.
The food in the buffet restaurants was lovely and there was great variety every night. The show cooking also provided something a bit extra! We tried 3 of the four themed restaurants which were great too. My husband particularly loving the steak on a stone at the Japanese and the kebabs at the Madeiran and my little boy loving the pasta and pizza at the Italian. It was really nice to eat and be served at the themed restaurants, something not always offered free at other all inclusives but all the themed restaurants were included in the price.
We also ate a few meals over at the Columbus just because we could.
There are different facilities at each hotel and its great being able to use both and they are in such close proximity. The snack bar at the Porto Santo has a grill where you can get burgers, hot dogs, speciality meats of the day, steak sandwiches and other foods too. There was always a wonderful fresh salad bar. At the columbus they have an ice cream bar and you could go over for fresh waffles and/or ice cream during the day.
The day time entertainment was mainly based around one pool which was nice for those who wanted to stay away from the music and activities and if you wanted to join in you could but there was no pressurising. We participated in hydro fit, water basketball, beach volleyball etc.
The beach is beautiful and although the beach beds are not included, as they are not allowed to own the beach, the hotel does provide free parasols and windbreaks which is great so you can just take towels down and still have shade etc. Saying that though I think that ten euros for two beds and a proper shade for five hours is really reasonable based on some others we have stayed at. There is a beach bar also as part of the all inclusive.
One of the other noticeable things about the hotel is that the staff work really hard not only to service you but also to make sure that the hotel is something they are proud of. You regularly see the management walking around the hotel regularly checking everything and conversing with all the guests.
The island of Porto Santo itself is small and friendly and is not a resort you want to come to if you want to be out clubbing every night. We did take the open top courtesy bus into the town ( runs 4 times a day) and had a good look round, bought some souvenirs etc.
We honestly could not fault this hotel and had a truly wonderful holiday and would return. We would like to thank all the staff at the Pestano Porto Santo for a memorable holiday and thank you Andreea , the lovely guest services manager, for organising the things that made my husband birthday!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pestana Porto Santo hotel is a 5-star beach resort, on the island of Porto Santo, Madeira, and is all inclusive (breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and domestic beverages). Recently voted the best All Inclusive resort in Europe, it is located on Portugal's best beach, the Porto Santo beach, with 9 km of fine sand and warm water. Just 1 minute on foot from the beach, this hotel also offers 2 large swimming pools surrounded by 30,000 m² of gardens. Guests can enjoy its 6 restaurants and 5 bars, as well as a Spa area with a heated swimming pool, water jets, sauna, Turkish bath, Hamman and gym. And for the little ones, the hotel has sports fields, game rooms and the Kids Club. The rooms are decorated with blue ocean hues and each has a flat-screen TV and balcony. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, PESTANA MANAGEMENT - Servicos de Gestao S.A., Expedia, Prestigia, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Pestana Porto Santo All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pestana Porto Santo Beach Resort And Spa - All Inclusive
- Pestana Porto Santo Beach Resort & Spa - All Inclusive Hotel Porto Santo
- Pestana Hotel Porto Santo
- Pestana Resort Porto Santo