We chose Porto Santo and the Pestana Colombos so we could enjoy a relaxing two week holiday from 9th to 23rd June. We weren't disappointed.
After a good flight with Thomsons we landed and were with our luggage and off to the hotel by pre-booked taxi (well worth it) in no time at all. We were met by Michaela and Vera and transferred quickly into our room. From landing to dinner in the restaurant took less than one hour! Michaela and Vera were delightful and on arrival changed our room from a duplex suite to a seafront room for the first week. For the second week we paid 90 Euros upgrade to one of the spacious two bedroomed corner suites. Real luxury and plenty of room with a large lounge/dining area, a circular shower and massive balcony.
I mention Michaela and Vera in particular but all the staff were fantastic.The manager and area director were also around lots of the time and made sure they talked to the guests to get their thoughts on the hotel. This was it's first full season but you would never have guessed.
Plenty of sun beds, very good food (the Japanese restaurant food was the only disappointment) and unlimited alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks ensured that we never wanted for anything.
The beach is incredible and the Jeep Safari with Sophia from Lazermar was well worth doing to get all the history of this small island. She has lived on the island all her life and her love of the place and it's history is infectious.
We made friends and talked to lots of fellow guests and all were singing the hotel's praises. Congratulations to the Colombos and in particular all the staff on giving it's guests a holiday experience to remember and enthuse about.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pestana Colombos is a 5-star All Inclusive hotel (breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and domestic beverages) located on the Island of Porto Santo, on the archipelago of Madeira. Just 1 minute on foot from a beach known for being heavenly, the best beach in Portugal, with 9 km of sand, warm and crystal-clear water. This luxury hotel has an indoor swimming pool and two outdoor swimming pools, a pedestrian bridge to access the beach, a Kids Club for the little ones, as well as a spa with Jacuzzi, sauna, Turkish bath and Hamman so you can relax during your stay. For dining, we have six restaurants and two snack bars. All of the rooms are large and comfortably equipped with a bathtub, modest decor and stunning views, with free Wi-Fi and also each with a television with built-in DVD player. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, TravelUp, Agoda, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Pestana Colombos All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Colombo`s Beach Hotel Porto Santo
- Colombo`s Beach And Spa Resort