“Small Portions & Miserable Staff”

Porto Santo Beach Club
Price range: US$5 - US$23
Description: The most "IN" bar on the Island of Porto Santo! An esplanade on the golden sand.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Got the impression because of its location that they would get the customers no matter what well we wont be going back

Reviewed 12 June 2018

Right in the centre of town, on the promenade directly overlooking the beach, this is the ideal place to stop and relax after a long walk along the beach.
With plenty of seating; indoors, on the covered terrace or outside on the open promenade you can be comfortable whatever the weather.
Pizza, burgers, omelettes and simple snacks with a large selection of drinks and cocktails - take your pick. Oh yes - the coffee is good as well.
We can imagine that this could be a lively spot in the evenings, catering for both tourists and locals.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

On a one day trip from Madeira to Porto Santo, we took lunch and later afternoon tea at the Beach Club, close to the beach and the rolling sea. It was early in the season, and there were only a few visitors. Sheltered from the wind we had a nice lunch salad, and later we returned for a tea break, and I enjoyed a fine piece of cake, carefully prepared on the plate. On warmer days in the high season this place must be crowded and possible more in line with the name Beach Club!

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

We went here for some lunch. Had a sandwich and a pizza and we both got the worst foodpoisoning we have ever experienced from the food!! Would warn everyone to eat anything here!! Ruined our whole vacation

Reviewed 17 December 2017

We came here for lunch - started with a couple of beers and, after a friendly chat with the male server (SA born), decided to stay for lunch. We ordered octopus to share, followed by grilled fish and a tuna/asparagus salad. Unfortunately I had a quick violent allergic reaction after unwittingly eating Lupin beans, which are apparently a popular Portuguese beer snack. I know I have a Lupin allergy but had failed to do my research or ask the appropriate question. Given I was sick in the restaurant amongst other diners you could forgive the staff (and diners) if they were not very impressed, but everyone realised that I was very ill and in need to urgent medical assistance. I never got around to eating the salad but my husband said the fish was excellent so here's a 5 rating for a nice setting, good food, and amazing staff in a difficult situation.