Vila Baleira Resort Porto Santo
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Beachfront
Aparthotel Luamar(Porto Santo Island)
  • Pool
Pestana Ilha Dourada(Cabeco da Ponta)
View Hotel
Pestana Colombos All Inclusive(Porto Santo Island)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Porto Santo & SPA(Porto Santo Island)
View Hotel
Torre Praia Hotel(Porto Santo Island)
  • Breakfast included
Residential Central(Porto Santo Island)
View Hotel
Hotel Praia Dourada(Porto Santo Island)
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Quinta Do Serrado(Porto Santo Island)
2,202 results
All reviewsthalasso spanice hotelsmall islandsolar panelsreception areaall inclusive packagesea waterlunch and dinneramazing beachbeach barrooms are largefamilies with childrenpastaoutdoor poolgames roomsalt waterchristopher columbus
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 July 2011

I spent 8 days there doing nothing...JUST RELAXING :) This hotel is a bit far from the city centre, but you can rent a bike and go there with no problem. Or you can choose the easy way to get there.. by calling a taxi. The hotel is ideal for families with children, because there are several activities for them and for adults too, if you want to. The pool area is fantastic as the pool itself, but the pool bar/restaurant is a bit poor in food. I had never been in an indoor pool with water as hot as this one. The gym is too small and basic, and opens late (10am).
I loved the breakfast, because it had variety of food.
All the rooms have sea view. We have stayed at a double standard room, which I thought it was big, with a nice balcony. The bathroom is fine but the tub has a curtain (I'm just saying this because not many people like this, but I don't care).
The beach is amazing, and the island too. You must go there, you will not regret it. THIS IS REALLY A PARADISE ON EARTH!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank TichaPT
bmcamartins, Gerente geral at Vila Baleira Resort Porto Santo, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review and kind comments about your experience in Vila Baleira :)

It is really a huge pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and let us express our gratitude by thanking you for sharing your positive thoughts about the friendly and efficient staff, and our gastronomy.

Your comments motivate us even more to continue pursuing service improvement and exceed expectations of our guests.

On my own behalf and on that of the Vila Baleira Hotel team, we hope we have the honour of hosting you again in a near future.

Reviewed 12 July 2011

Nice room with comfortable beds, balcony and weel equiped bathroom. Direct access from the hotel to the pool and beach area.

The sourroundings are very nice and calm. 20 minutes on feet to Zarco Shopping Center.

I'd like to focus on the hotel restaurant. We were on so called soft all inclusive basis so we had breakfast, lunch and dinner. Nothing to complain about the breakfast - eggs in all possible ways (pouched, scrambled, hard boiled, omlette) and nice pancakes. Bacon - uneatable.

Lunch and dinner - that's the other story. Every time there is a huge selection of all possible meals except almost nothing tastes well. Meat was always terrible. I can't even imagine the worst quality of meat (pork, rabbit, goat, veal - practically uneatable...). chicken was OK, but again, it's really hard to frack up the chicken. Fish and see food was terrible - every kind was equally bad and overcoocked. Desserts - very strange looking and even stranger tasting. Italian cuisine (pasta, tortellini, sauces) - very close to being disgusting. To be honest with you, the only good thing it was self composed salad and all forms of fried fries available everyday.

I just simply wonder why they focus on quantity of dishes rather than a quality? Why not prepare 3 tasty dishes instead of 7-8 horrible ones? And that odour when you enter the restaurant? OMG - I mean, really?

Oh, and there was this pool guy, Jao Sa, who tried to scare us off of the pool after 6 PM claiming that they close but it did't confirm at the reception. He tried to do it again the next day but I explained him how wrong he was. Plus I gave him some extra credit on issue of meaning of tourism to this island and his own well-being...

I highly recomend this hotel but only on Bed and Breakfast basis. There ara too goods restaurants near by to waist time on hotel's restaurant.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
bmcamartins, General Manager at Vila Baleira Resort Porto Santo, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Guest,

It is really a huge pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and let us express our gratitude by thanking you for sharing your positive thoughts about the friendly and efficient staff, and the rooms.

Regarding the Gastronomy, I can now guarantee you that the variety and quality are assured.

That´s why your comments motivate us even more to continue pursuing service improvement and exceed expectations of our guests.

Reviewed 15 May 2011

I have been 6 times at this hotel. I love the service, allways very helpfull and simpatic. Its a good Hotel for families with children. Very good spa and pool area. Directly acess to the beach. Rooms with large area. Breakfast also good. Nice interiorpool.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank Deolinda247
bmcamartins, Gerente geral at Vila Baleira Resort Porto Santo, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review and kind comments about your experience in Vila Baleira, especially from a usual guest! :)

It is a great pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Your comments are very important for us, and we work every day pursuing service improvement to continue exceed expectations of our guests.

Reviewed 1 May 2011

We have traveled to this island twice a year now for the past 7 years. It is a beautiful place for rest and relaxation as you walk the 9 km. sandy beach. It is not a place for people who wish shopping or loud night life. The island has excellent restaurants, world class golf course, diving, horseback riding, wind surfing and many more outdoor activity possibilities! The Vilabaleira Thalassa Hotel draws us back and back because of the polite, friendly and well trained staff. We feel at home and amongst friends during our stays at the hotel. We have traveled to many places and stayed in many hotels, however this is the only island and hotel that keeps drawing us back!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
7  Thank sardonaRiga_Latvia

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review and kind comments about your experience in Vila Baleira, especially about the friendly and helpful staff.

Reviewed 13 April 2011

I stayed at Vilabaleira this February by myself for a golf trip. The hotel was in a great location with excellent service. The view was very nice from my room on the eight floor. The swimming pools very very good and I really enjoyed the food in the hotel resturant!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review and kind comments about your experience in Vila Baleira, especially about the friendly and helpful staff, restaurant and pool.