Very welcoming and friendly staff. Travelled as a family with two children, we found all the staff friendly both to us and the children, and the service we received was excellent. The Island is unspoilt and it is very relaxing. We travelled with First Choice on an All Inclusive Basis and found it to be good Value. The room was cleaned daily, only down side the air conditioning was not that good so we slept with the doors open, which was not an issue as we were on 6th floor. The Hotel is about an hours walk from the town (with two children), Bus service was on time and 1.35euros per person each way. Go on a jeep safari while you are there - very good. Lovely Café at Calhetta half an hour walk from Hotel, turn right out of main gates. Dive Centre based at the Hotel very good with very friendly staff. Hotel pool is very cold - if travelling with children well worth taking pool/surf suits. Beach is lovely, hire umbrellas from the hotel as there is no shade and you will need it if the sun is out. On site children's club and Animation Team activities for Adults and Children if you want to join in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located about 4 km's from the center, the Hotel Vila Baleira Thalassa was originally built with the intention of attracting to the island who wanted to take advantage of the medicinal qualities of its sands and is the best equipped hotel in Porto Santo. The complex consists of 3 distinct areas: In the main building are the rooms, reception, main bar, restaurant, shops, conference rooms, kids club, games room, amphitheater and indoor swimming pool. Connected to the hotel by a tunnel is Baleira Talassa & Spa, a fully independent structure where all thalassotherapy and spa treatments as well as gym and Diving Centre Rheadive work. Also accessible through the tunnel is an outdoor leisure area with outdoor pool, children pool, outdoor children's room, children's playground, shooting,>, volleyball and beach soccer, the Beach Club and the walkway beach access. The social areas of the hotel and the rooms are spacious and decorated with light colors and local materials. Open from April to October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Vila Baleira Porto Santo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vilabaleira Thalassa Porto Santo
- Hotel Vilabaleira Thalassa