We have just returned from a beautiful holiday on this unspoilt island. If you want fantastic beaches, gorgeous views and a top class hotel this is the place for you.
All the staff from the management ,the entertainment team to the waiters in the bars and restaurants cannot do enough for you.
This hotel is now under the new Management of Mr Bruno Martins and he has a passion for improving facilities from previous years...they are introducing a beach bar, new children's facilities, a new a la carte restaurant, a new Thalassa bar and so many more little touches that can only make a really good experience into an all out excellent experience
. We found the food to be of an excellent quality and all freshly made with a wide choice to suit anybody, the choice of drinks now on all inclusive was impressive and of a good quality. We were lucky enough to have a suite and this was awesome!! very spacious with the added touches of bath robes, fresh fruit and bottled water in the room and the furnishings were of an excellent quality.... we did see a standard room and these also were of an exceptional quality and size all with huge flat screen televisions.
The large pools are salt water and there is also an indoor pool all with loads of sunbathing areas and no problems with reserved beds as this just was not necessary... but the best part was walking over the hotel bridge onto miles and miles of golden sand with a blue lapping ocean on your door step!!!! pure uncrowded BLISS!!
The Thalasa Center is in my opinion a world class center. It is free for hotel guests for a period of time each day and offers different pools, saunas steam rooms ,turkish rooms and pools for exercise . The treatments on offer are very reasonably priced and people from other nearby hotels were coming to it because of this. The setting for it was also very spectacular and is reached again through the hotels tunnel
All in all don't take my word for it....GO... try it for yourselves... you won't be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located about 4 km's from the center, the Hotel Vila Baleira Thalassa was originally built with the intention of attracting to the island who wanted to take advantage of the medicinal qualities of its sands and is the best equipped hotel in Porto Santo. The complex consists of 3 distinct areas: In the main building are the rooms, reception, main bar, restaurant, shops, conference rooms, kids club, games room, amphitheater and indoor swimming pool. Connected to the hotel by a tunnel is Baleira Talassa & Spa, a fully independent structure where all thalassotherapy and spa treatments as well as gym and Diving Centre Rheadive work. Also accessible through the tunnel is an outdoor leisure area with outdoor pool, children pool, outdoor children's room, children's playground, shooting,>, volleyball and beach soccer, the Beach Club and the walkway beach access. The social areas of the hotel and the rooms are spacious and decorated with light colors and local materials. Open from April to October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Vila Baleira Porto Santo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vilabaleira Thalassa Porto Santo
- Hotel Vilabaleira Thalassa