“Business Hotel”

Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Braga
Luzon, Philippines
“Business Hotel”
Reviewed 27 April 2012

When you chose to stay thrice in the same hotel, that means a lot.
On my fourth visit to Braga, I was on a group tour so, I stayed in a different hotel.
But the Lady in the front desk of Hotel Caranda recognized me when I happened to pass by. I was impressed because my last stay with them was a year ago.
The hotel gives a European accommodation experience without hurting your pocket. At 35euros (that time), I enjoyed ham and croissants (there were other selections, though) for breakfast. Room was alright, good a/c, clean toilet and bathroom. It is located along the avenue, so expect its nearness to restaurants and shops.

They said they have a swimming pool and a car park at their partner hotel. But that didn't interest me because I was on a business trip.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Polish first
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 January 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 5 nights while Birmingham City were playing Braga and it suited our needs perfectly, it was clean the staff were friendly room was cleaned daily fresh towels, Breakfast was limited but i think that is more do with hows breakfast is eaten over there but having said that is was plentiful and there is something to suit everyone. Central location and free wifi what more could you need.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Swindon - England
Reviewed 20 February 2011

I stayed here for 2 nights. The purpose of my visit was to see Braga versus Porto in the Potuguese League. I caught a taxi from the station to the hotel for 4 Euro. It is only 10 min stroll into the city centre and it took me 40 minutes to walk to the football stadium on the northern edge of the town. The hotel was fine and about average for Portugal. The breakfast was ok with a reasonable choice. It is quite good value and I's have no problems staying there again. It was adequate for my requirements. When I left for Porto by train it took me about 20 mins to walk to the station via the town centre.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 October 2010

We have just got back from staying at the Caranda Hotel and must say if ever we returned to Braga we would have no hesitation about staying there again.The hotel was located very cental,just a 10min walk up to the centre of town.The hotel itself was absolutely spotless,full credit to the cleaning staff.Everywhere you looked `gleamed` the towels and bedlinen were changed every day and were so clean they looked brand new.The reception staff all spoke English and were very helpful,after the 2nd night with little sleep due to the fact we were on the main road,we asked for a room at the rear.A key was handed over in seconds and we changed rooms in 15mins with ease.For the price we were charged this hotel its brill.If you have a car,we parked 2blocks at the rear by the school for free,or they have a fee approx 4E per night.For you Gooners out there,Braga FC is only a 10min stroll down the road so i would recomend this hotel to you on that basis alone.Breakfast was selfservice continental,no evening food.No bar either but alcohol was available from reception but plenty of bars just o/utside,on your doorstep. H&M Nuneaton.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2010

Good value for money - €40/night incl. breakfast. Room was pretty basic, although clean and tidy - breakfast OK. Service at checkin was incredibly slow, with the checkin assistant flipping back and forth between customers. If they hadn't been friends also, I would have considered this quite rude.

Would stay again, although only because there's nowhere much classier in Braga.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 28 December 2008

Went to Braga for a conference, they also recommended this hotel. The location is quite central and the room was quite a deal, compared to other cities in Europe.

The rooms were o.k.; except for the price and location there was nothing really special about the place - but not really anything to complain either.

The staff was generally friendly, but most of them spoke rudimentary English at best.

A "standard" breakfast is included. There are some computer stations near the lobby where you can use the internet for a fee. There's also a WiFi connection, but it's quite expensive and it doesn't reach most of the rooms.

• Liked — Good room for the price
  • Disliked — Pricey internet, little English spoken by the staff
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Turin, Italy
Reviewed 20 October 2007

Caranda Hotel is placed on a very busy road in Braga, going "up" to the city enter.
The location itself is good: 10 minutes walking to the heart of the city, near some very good restaurants, few minutes from a cheap supermarket and with different parking place around it.

At arrival, I've been sent to park my car to the public parking space in front of Turismo Hotel (I think the managment is the same), with a "discount" card for my car stay (I think it was 4 euro/night). The park was so small that my car was not even able to stay in the designed area. At the reception, a middle-age man gave us the keys, in a very cold way, even not answering to the usual turistic questions (have you got a map? where is the city center?).

Ok, let's go to the room.. mhh.. well, the room itself was ok.. small, but for 45 euro I could not expect more.. but the sheets on the beds had holes by sigarette burns, window tent were plastic, dirty and not procecting from the light in the morning. Bathroom was old, with problem with the toilet water (not closing).
The reception, again, was not usefull at all.. they did not speak english (or seem to), and also with my Spanish, French and Italian I did not have better results. Note that this was the worst feeling I had all over the beautiful and friendly Portugal.

During our turistic trip, we use hotel just to sleep 6 hours in the night, so I did not have many requests.. but I'd like to sleep in a decent place.. in my opinion, this hotel does not worth the money I've paied. With some more money, you can find nicer hotels and you'll enjoy the beautiful Braga city in a better way!!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — All the rest
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family