“Friendly service”

Residencia LIS B&B and Parking
Ranked #25 of 104 Hotels in Porto
“Friendly service”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I stayed at the Residencia Lis B&B in June while I was travelling on my own. What makes this a great place to stay is the owner. I was thrilled when I arrived to find that he was willing to give me as much information as I wanted, to the extent that he had a map of the city ready for me and had already laid out a recommended route for the two days I would be in Porto included which buses to take where and a few things that were off the beaten track a ways. However what makes me recommend this is the great care they took of me when I sprained my ankle on the uneven sidewalks of Porto my last evening. They offered to change my room to one downstairs so I wouldn't have to walk up, delivered ice for my to use, and in the morning he even got out his car and drove me to the train station so that I didn't have to try to navigate my own way there.

While the hotel is not in the big tourist area it was easy enough to get to. When I arrived I took the subte, but the walk was a bit farther than I expected. However the bus runs right by the hotel and stops half a block away. Follow the directions for the bus from the website to get there on your own. My normal dislike of taking buses to a location I didn't know were alleviated by the fact that the buses have displays indicating the upcoming stop.

The room I was in was clean, comfortable and basic. Breakfast is simple - bread, fruit, cheese and meat. If you want a small family run place to stay this is a great choice.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Ms_C_A_C_

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Polish first
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We really enjoy finding authentic, individual or family-run lodging, and the Lis definitely fills the bill. An older building, the room we had (a triple) was large, comfortable, and clean. The family running the Lis is very hospitable (in several languages!) and takes the time to make recommendations on itineraries and sights, and their suggestions were very good. They also recommend the bus that stops right outside, but if you like walking it's only about 20-30 minutes or so to the downtown/historical area, and we found the metro to be a good option as well, even if the stop is 5-10 minutes away. The car park is across the street--we parked there and left the car there for the time we were in Porto, and for a very reasonable price left it there the day we checked out, too. We would definitely stay here again on another trip to Porto!

Room Tip: We overlooked the backyard, which was probably better than overlooking the street, which is busy.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Canterbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We stayed one evening in this hotel. It has it;'s own charm being built in the art neuveau style. The owner is a charming man that makes every effort to ensure you get the most out of your visit to Porto. The place could do with a refurbishment , but the rooms are well proportioned and were clean.The location is close to the city and is a good point to walk from to explore the city. Port and cake a nice touch. Many thanks for a nice stay in Porto.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Chippenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I chose this B&B on the basis of the reviews I had read and was not disappointed. The Owner was so accommodating and came across as genuinely concerned about your welfare. From selecting the best room for a good night's sleep bearing in mind I'd not had much in the last 2 weeks, to welcoming you with a small bottle of Port and a homemade cake on arrival. The room was clean and welcoming. The Owner helped me find somewhere to eat on the night time and gave me directions to the metro, as well as securing my luggage for me so it was easier to get about. I would happily stay here again if I ever go back to Porto.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the B&B are quieter as they are away from the main road. I didn't hear...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Lindsey A
Alford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 September 2013

What an amazing welcome, the owner has a half-bottle of 15 year old port from the family quinta, and a fresh cake made by the host's good lady as we arrived. The B+B was really easy to find from the ring road, turn off and straight on, parking is secure immediately across the road.

He annotated a map with a wonderful walking tour for us to take and then a driving tour to make sure we saw all the key sights in our two days. He also advised us on restaurants off the tourist trail.

The rooms were very clean and traditional and were serviced on each of our days. The breakfast was in a lovely room and set us up for the day.

Great place to stay and would recommend it for anyone needing a base for a couple of days.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Virginia
Reviewed 31 July 2013

The owners of the Residencia Lis welcomed us with port and cake and also provided a map with the most important sights, which are many. The rooms are very comfortable and have updated bathrooms with plenty of room. The location is a 10 to 15 min walk to the City Center and parking for cars is free at a close parking garage! The morning breakfast was nicely set out with attractive dishes and delicious. We were very sad to leave this outstanding B & B. The owners treat you like good friends and are a wealth of information and suggestions.

Room Tip: I think all rooms are outstanding; some have street views and others look into rear garden, which i...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank overmyal
West Sussex, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2013 via mobile

What a welcome ! A half-bottle of 15 year old port from the family quinta, and a cake made only one hour previously by the host's good lady and with eggs from the family village. Parking is secure immediately across the road. Out comes the map and our host explains with enthusiasm that the bus stops immediately outside Lis and whisks you straight down to City Centre in 10 minutes to a kiosk at which you buy the private bus tour tickets giving you two days of scenic open top bus routes with 10 language choice of audio commentary for just €15. Excellent. Very quiet room as requested, and kept very well. Good, if simple, breakfast, with OJ, great coffee and superb breads, and delicious mountain honey. Can't have breakfast before 0730 because bread is only ready at 0730. How fresh is that ? Mine host recommends a local restaurant which was in fact very good indeed and very reasonable, another plus. We'll certainly be back to both Lis and that Restaurant.

• Stayed June 2013