“The best place to stay in Porto”

and 1 more site!
Residencia LIS B&B and Parking
Ranked #19 of 108 Hotels in Porto
Reviewed 27 October 2013

The best place to stay in Porto. We have no words to express the sympathy of Mr. Augustine. Spot clean, hospitable, and fantastic. Upon arriving we were greeted with a great port wine and sponge cake. Great advice on good restaurants and places to visit. When we return to Porto, I can not imagine another place to stay. Super recommended.

O melhor lugar para ficar em porto. Não temos palavras para expressar a simpatia do Sr. Augustinho. Local limpo, hospitaleiro, e fantástico. Ao chegar eramos recebidos com um ótimo vinho do porto e pão de ló. Ótimos conselhos sobre bons restaurantes e lugares para visitar. Quando voltarmos a Porto, não imagino outro local para ficar. Super recomendado.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank pvttrevisan

Reviewed 24 October 2013

the rooms and staff are wonderful, comfy beds, good location, very helpful guidance to this great town. It was out best stay yet! Highly reccomended to the casual traveller looking for the most comfortable, and inviting B&B.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank orion m
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We recently stayed here for 6 nights at the beginning of our 1 month holiday in Portugal and Italy.
I can't say enough good things about this home away from home. Agostinho,his wife Theresa and son Joao were exceptionally kind and welcoming to my husband and myself. The hotel is clean and comfortable. Our room was very quiet even though we were on the first floor close to the front desk. The bed was comfortable, nice firm mattress, and ample room for the two of us. Breakfast was good-fresh rolls with butter and honey,selection of cereal, fresh fruit, juice and excellent coffee. I had an accident the day before we were to leave ( sprained my ankle) and they were all so very helpful and kind. You won't regret staying here, I promise!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank C0lleen61
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I stayed at the Residencia Lis B&B in June while I was travelling on my own. What makes this a great place to stay is the owner. I was thrilled when I arrived to find that he was willing to give me as much information as I wanted, to the extent that he had a map of the city ready for me and had already laid out a recommended route for the two days I would be in Porto included which buses to take where and a few things that were off the beaten track a ways. However what makes me recommend this is the great care they took of me when I sprained my ankle on the uneven sidewalks of Porto my last evening. They offered to change my room to one downstairs so I wouldn't have to walk up, delivered ice for my to use, and in the morning he even got out his car and drove me to the train station so that I didn't have to try to navigate my own way there.

While the hotel is not in the big tourist area it was easy enough to get to. When I arrived I took the subte, but the walk was a bit farther than I expected. However the bus runs right by the hotel and stops half a block away. Follow the directions for the bus from the website to get there on your own. My normal dislike of taking buses to a location I didn't know were alleviated by the fact that the buses have displays indicating the upcoming stop.

The room I was in was clean, comfortable and basic. Breakfast is simple - bread, fruit, cheese and meat. If you want a small family run place to stay this is a great choice.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Ms_C_A_C_
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We really enjoy finding authentic, individual or family-run lodging, and the Lis definitely fills the bill. An older building, the room we had (a triple) was large, comfortable, and clean. The family running the Lis is very hospitable (in several languages!) and takes the time to make recommendations on itineraries and sights, and their suggestions were very good. They also recommend the bus that stops right outside, but if you like walking it's only about 20-30 minutes or so to the downtown/historical area, and we found the metro to be a good option as well, even if the stop is 5-10 minutes away. The car park is across the street--we parked there and left the car there for the time we were in Porto, and for a very reasonable price left it there the day we checked out, too. We would definitely stay here again on another trip to Porto!

Room Tip: We overlooked the backyard, which was probably better than overlooking the street, which is busy.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We stayed one evening in this hotel. It has it;'s own charm being built in the art neuveau style. The owner is a charming man that makes every effort to ensure you get the most out of your visit to Porto. The place could do with a refurbishment , but the rooms are well proportioned and were clean.The location is close to the city and is a good point to walk from to explore the city. Port and cake a nice touch. Many thanks for a nice stay in Porto.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I chose this B&B on the basis of the reviews I had read and was not disappointed. The Owner was so accommodating and came across as genuinely concerned about your welfare. From selecting the best room for a good night's sleep bearing in mind I'd not had much in the last 2 weeks, to welcoming you with a small bottle of Port and a homemade cake on arrival. The room was clean and welcoming. The Owner helped me find somewhere to eat on the night time and gave me directions to the metro, as well as securing my luggage for me so it was easier to get about. I would happily stay here again if I ever go back to Porto.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the B&B are quieter as they are away from the main road. I didn't hear...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo