“Look no further. Perfect Stay”

and 1 more site!
Residencia LIS B&B and Parking
Ranked #19 of 108 Hotels in Porto
Reviewed 7 January 2014

If you are looking for a place to stay in Porto, stop searching and book your room here. I took a trip to Porto for 3 nights and I could not have asked for a better experience at this hotel.

The rooms are very comfortable and clean with nice bathrooms. They are a decent size and a great deal for the price.The owner is one of the most welcoming people I have ever met and is genuinely passionate about providing you with a great stay. He will provide a nice overview of where to go in the city, provide breakfast each morning, and even put a botttle of port wine and cake in the room to welcome us.

The location has easy access to the free parking and is an easy walk to the attractions. I did not touch my car after parking it.

I could write on and on about why this was a terrific place to stay, but it seems many of the other comment have already helped me out. My final endorsement is that if you are coming to Porto don't even consider another hotel. Book your room and get ready for a great stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 464keithj

Reviewed 4 January 2014

We stayed here on new years eve as we wanted somewhere quiet to sleep after our night out celebrating.
There is nothing else to add to all the previous reviews and they are all spot on !!
The owner is indeed a great host and a mine of information.
Comfy warm room ( owner had put a heater in the room prior to our late arrival and extra blankets on the bed ! ) nice breakfast and free parking across the road means I will return to this little gem in the very near future.

1  Thank kimwrighton
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Our first meeting with Agostinho, the owner was an absolute pleasure. His approach was very welcoming, his understanding of our needs was second to none and his suggestions for spending our two days in Porto were excellent. We arrived earlier than expected, and he welcomed us with a great explanation of the city and highlights, suggested a great local place for lunch and provided a good basis for our two days in Porto. They hurried to get a room ready for us which was very clean and comfortable. The residence is very handy to the freeway, being directly on one of the main arterials into the city centre with parking across the road and is ideal for someone travelling into Porto by car. It is a fairly short walk into the city centre and apart from the hilly terrain, made getting around Porto very easy.
The breakfast was simple and adequate, although if you are looking for a full cooked breakfast, you need to look elsewhere.

3  Thank Jeff R
Reviewed 23 December 2013

This lovely family-owned residence really embodies the phrase "a home away from home". There is a very warm and welcoming ambience to this place, much of which is due to Agostinho Ribeiro, the owner and manager. And what a welcome: home-made sponge cake, hot coffee and a small bottle of Port wine! He even carried my bags up to my room.

This good natured guy is truly the "King of Hospitality". He's a real people person: he loves to chat with his guests and is genuinely keen on helping them in any way he can. He's also a treasure trove of information on just about every aspect of Porto.

My room was small, clean, quiet and comfortable, just the way I like it. And, it was always made up by the time I returned from my daily explorations of Porto. It was so nice to come back, take a shower and then flop down onto the bed and have an uninterrupted snooze.

What came as a very nice surprise was the wide choice of English language TV channels. I seldom watch TV, but it was really great, once in a while, just to lie back and watch National Geographic, the History Channel, Odyssey or BBC.

Breakfast was simple but very enjoyable: cereal, fresh fruit, fresh mouth-watering bread rolls and a choice of breakfast beverages. The coffee served at this place must be the best in Europe!

The building itself also contributes to a very homey atmosphere. The Lis was built in 1935 and is protected by the Porto Municipal Government, as a local heritage building. It is the only building within the immediate vicinity to have such protection. The residence is a two storey building with twelve guest rooms and is immaculately maintained.

For me, the location of the Residencia Lis really offered a dual benefit. One the one hand, because it is far enough away from the noise and commotion of city centre, I could enjoy complete peace and quiet. On the other hand, because it is close enough to city centre, I could easily walk to the downtown area and the adjacent historical quarter (UNESCO World Heritage Site) in about 15 to 20 minutes. Alternatively, I could hop on the bus (#600 Aliados), which stops directly outside the front gate and arrives at the city centre in about 10 minutes.

For longer-term guests, such as I was, there is a laundry facility on Constitution Avenue, less than a five-minute walk from the Lis.

I stayed at the Lis for two months and I really loved the place: cosy, comfortable, clean and quiet! What's not to love?

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank starlightShanghai
Reviewed 19 December 2013

The highlight of our stay was the care and pride of the hotelier. No sooner had we entered to register than he presented a map of Porto with highlights, bus routes, and more. He then handed us a bottle of port from his family's estate and cake, which we enjoyed in our room. We took him up on his travel plan, which greatly enhanced our ability to enjoy the best of Porto. The city itself is a working town and the hotel is located on a busy street. It took some maneuvering for us to find a parking spot so that we could check in, but then he directed to free parking at a garage just across the street. The hotel itself is charming because it is so real. Wonderful wooden floors, old style keys and locks, and the like. It helped us remember what it might have felt like to have been a traveler there 80 years ago. If you're sick of hotels that are all the same, all created by the same set of design essentials, then give this hotel a try. It is a taste of the real Portugal.

3  Thank Brian E
Reviewed 3 December 2013

My husband and I stayed 2 nights in Porto at Residencia LIS B&B last November. I based my choice on the previous reviews and because we needed an easy access to a parking area.
The hotel is out of the centre of Porto and you can either take the local bus or walk 15 min to reach the city center.
The old fashion style hotel is very clean and well maintained. Our double bedroom was a good size and offered all the necessities. Every morning, a simple buffet breakfast was served. Its located in a less touristic area of the city and therefore its very quiet.

The nicest aspect of this hotel is the friendly welcome from the owner. This gentleman speaks many languages and makes a very good effort to welcome every one like a member of his own family. We were welcome with a nice carafe of porto and home made cake. The owner loves his country and his town so he will make sure to offer you a good overview of what we can see in Porto.

Its always nice during a trip to share with the locals about their lives and experiences. For sure, you will get a good chance to taste the warm welcome of Portugal if you stay at LIS Residencia!!!

Room Tip: The parking is located on the other side of the street (opposite to the hotel) and its guarded 24 ho...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mylene A
Reviewed 27 October 2013

My 2 friends and I booked a triple room at the Residencia based on Trip Advsor reviews. What a great place. The owner spoke fluent English and was more than happy to help throughout our stay. The room was small for 3 people but quite comfortable. We thought the cake and Port wine welcome might be hokey but it was delicious and welcome after a long flight. The room was so quiet and comfortable that we all slept 12 hours, oversleeping the breakfast. Our host generously provided us with coffee and rolls at noon. How I miss those rolls...almost worth the cost of my flight. The place is a bit out of the way but we got quite good at taking the 600 bus, which picks up and drops off steps from the B and B. The owner makes this place. He loves what he does and made us feel welcome, safe, and comfortable. For the 3 of us to stay 2 nights, the total bill was 100 Euros. Incredible buy and a wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends