“Probably one of the best boutique hotels in Europe”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of THE 4ROOMS

THE 4ROOMS
Ranked #30 of 152 Porto B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
London
“Probably one of the best boutique hotels in Europe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

This is everything you could want for in a boutique hotel. Clean and comfortable rooms. Fantastic hospitality with lots of surprises, and a great location. The city centre is easily accessible via a frequent bus service which operates between Foz and the city, or just walk like we did on a few occasions. Various great restaurants in and around Foz. 4rooms guestrooms are very techy but well designed. Nice courtyard, and great breakfast.

Room Tip: Garden Suite has its own entrance and plenty of space.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank ms24sp

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

4Rooms was exactly what we were looking for - a touch pad for exploring the area, a comfortable space, and gracious hosts who gave great recommendations. Foz is a charming area with lots to explore and has some great restaurants. Only a quick bus/tram ride into downtown Porto so ditch the car and take advantage of the great public transit. If we are ever back in the area will be sure to stay at 4Rooms again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

4 Rooms Porto is located in the nice residential area of Foz, very good value for money. A few mins walk to coast and to a lovely centre of Foz.
We stayed 5 nights in the Sky Loft room, which is well-designed and spacious room with separate entrance. The breakfast is amazing in everyday, FRESH. You'd choose your breakfast in your room or in common area. Fast WIFI.
We drive and just parked our car in front of our nice Sky Loft room. It's free of charge and very convenient.
Everything is perfect to stay in 4 Rooms Porto.
Thanks for the hospitality Fabiana and Catarina showed us.
Highly highly recommend!

Room Tip: The Sky Loft room is the largest and very spacious and comfortable.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Italy1221
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

We stayed at the 4Rooms during a week. The pictures on the website looked very promising and the actual service was even better. Once you get used to the high tech domotic system and the small size of the bathroom, the overall experience is outstanding. A special mention goes to Fabiana, who gave excellent advise (in perfect English) regarding restaurants and visits in the Douro valley. Thank you, I hope we'll be able to make another visit.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

My husband, 3 teenage boys and I enjoyed Porto and a big reason that it was so wonderful was because of Catarina. She welcomed us and we were placed in the Sky Loft and the Garden Loft. The Sky Loft was very roomy, nice and as the boys will attest, some of the fastest WiFi ever. The Garden Loft was very nice and quiet. The bathrooms in both were very roomy and comfortable for Europe. Catarina was always very attentive to the service, sitting us down and showing us the map and several sites to see and asked what we wanted to do and see in Porto. She also made my husband a gluten free breakfast every morning that he enjoyed and the boys were very happy with the breakfast. She always asked what time we wanted breakfast and had everything ready promptly. There was always a snack, fruit or a cake, every afternoon and the boys definitely looked forward to their afternoon snack. We had to leave very early on our last day and Catarina had juice, yogurts and bread for us before we left at 6 AM.

We enjoyed the proximity to the water and the wonderful path to run, bike and just walk. We rented bikes and rode on the walkway along the water many times to downtown and also to the sandy beach. Also, there is a gym very close that my husband enjoyed the pool and weights. We are a very active family, so we enjoyed the running paths, gym and the ability to bike.

Porto is a lovely city and we enjoyed the Foz area and the restaurants and shops and all the festivities around. Porto is definitely a city that my family and I want to visit again and we will definitely stay at the 4Rooms with Catarina as our hostess. A 5 star B&B for our family.

Room Tip: The Sky Loft is the largest and very comfortable. The Garden Loft was also very nice and it was ni...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MaryKit
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

I stayed at 4Rooms in Foz, Porto recently during a trip to Portugal with my sister. Before we even started our trip, I noticed the excellent service. Fabiana emailed me to confirm reservations, upgrade our room, and confirm our travel plans. Once we arrived, the clean modern, large room was contrasted with the quaint streets of Foz. Fabiana provided us with many suggestions for places to visit in Foz and Porto, and was able to arrange excellent tours of the Port wine cellars in Porto, which was a nice 45 minute walk along the river or an easy 10 minute bus ride away. We very much enjoyed the included breakfast, which was a large, typical European style breakfast. In Foz, there are gourmet restaurants, and a beautiful path along the Douro river and Atlantic Ocean for walking, running, biking, and sight seeing. The 4Rooms in Foz is the best place to stay for smart, modern travelers who enjoy the sea and a smaller town, but don't want to be too far from the city sights.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Portugalwinelover
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

When I saw the overwhelmingly positive reviews of 4Rooms, I was a bit skeptical. Last time I had booked a place with such high ratings, it turned into a bit of a disaster. This, however, was not the case with 4Rooms. This may be my favorite place I have ever stayed.

Catarina made me feel incredibly welcome and comfortable from the moment I arrived, which is especially nice as a solo traveler. As the name suggests, it only has four rooms. Every detail about the home and styling are designed to make guests feel welcome, warm and relaxed. Catarina went above and beyond the call of duty to make me feel welcome, and also, she was extremely helpful with tourist information, rental cars, port tastings, and restaurant recommendations. Breakfast was fantastic every day! The whole experience was like being taken care of by a family member - no scratch that - it is like being taken care of by your favorite family member!

4Rooms is not located in the heart of Porto, but that turned out to be a good think, I think. Downtown Porto was fun for visiting, but it was nice to get away from the center and stay in a nice residential area. It was only a short bus or trolly ride to the center of town, and I think the food and shopping options were better by 4Rooms. For first time visitors, it is not near the metro line (I took the Metro part of the way into town from the airport, and from there it was a 10 euro cab ride). The official photos on the website I do not think capture how warm and welcoming this place really is.

I was traveling solo and stayed in the Double S room, which I believe is the smallest, but it had plenty of space. The room is actually just off the main house, separated by a few meters through a private garden. This room also had another small private garden (protected by a solid high wall) off the bedroom side, that had its own private entrance to the street. It was very safe, very quiet and very private. The room was extremely warm and comfortable. My two big tests for any place is the bed and the shower. The bed was very comfortable and the shower could be my absolute favorite in the world (great water pressure!). Now that I am home, I wish I was back in Double S.

Some notes for my fellow American travelers: The room was a good size, and good storage in the closets, but it would be easier to move about with two smaller bags than one larger bag. Also, the bathroom is bigger than most in Europe, but smaller than what we would see in the US. In the bathroom for this room, it might be a bit cosy getting to the toilet for some of my larger countrymen.

There are places where the rooms are bigger, or the view might be better, but I can't think of an experience that I enjoyed more than staying here. I can't think back to Porto without thinking of how wonderful an establishment it is. I would recommend 4Rooms without reservation.

Room Tip: Double S had its own private entrance and garden which was very nice.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo