“Celebrate Portuguese cuisine”

Price range: US$14 - US$21
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 11 July 2013

For me, "A Tasquinha" will always be a good memory of the Portuguese cuisine. In our last visit to Porto, Portugal, my son and I went twice to this cozy little restaurant and, in both times, the experience was impeccable, beginning with a good sheep cheese and an honest house wine, continuing with a perfect octopus and cod fish, until a variety of typical desserts. "A Tasquinha" represents very well the Portuguese cuisine.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Very good fish. Low key setting makes the surprise of excellent food eminent. Very nice and clean kitchen and extremely competent personnel.

Reviewed 13 May 2013

We read about this restaurant from other reviews and gave it a try tonight.....it was shocking!!!
We started with spicy sausage entree to share...there were two sausages, one end of which was thickly charcoaled it was impossible to cut and still had the string attached...it was also extremely mushy inside and actually not spicy.
Hubby had the grilled Lemon Sole and I chose grilled Salmon....the sole was so over cooked, what was edible was dry, the remainder was adhered to the skin.....my salmon which said 'grilled', I strongly believe had been microwaved and then put on a grill to give the impression marks....it was so incredibly hot inside (consistent with microwave food), it was impossible to eat and of course continued to cook and dry out!!!! We told the 'host' when he decided to ask 'all ok'....and just stared at us when we replied NO,!!....the accompanying 4 potatoes were nice, the 'silverbeet' was dry and had no moisture!!!!! When our plates were removed, the table was still hot to touch..again consistent with microwaved food.......THE WORST MEAL WE HAVE EATEN IN PORTO...

2  Thank sterwuv
Reviewed 4 March 2013

Best traditional Portuguese food i've tried during my trip. The place is not spectacular at all, you can miss it without recommendations, but inside is warm, quiet and the food is delicious.

We ordered the best octopus i had in my life (cooked with pure olive oil, a li'l of garlic, grelos and tinny potatoes), rojoes with rice and green wine. OUTSTANDING.

Reviewed 1 February 2013

Having tried many restaurants in Portugal (as any Portuguese), I can say that the quality of the food is very good. It's a fairly traditional Portuguese restaurant, with a matching atmosphere and very well cooked specialties (traditional Portuguese dishes such as "pataniscas de bacalhau").
Also, location is very good. You don't have the view or the most appealing surroundings, but it's very close to bars and to Aliados (~5minute walk) in a safe area.