“brilliant food and fun, lively place”
Review of A Tasqinha

A Tasqinha
Ranked #165 of 1,786 Restaurants in Porto
Price range: US$14 - US$21
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 22 July 2014

restaurant was recommended by a friend - we went latish - 11pm and the place was buzzing.
great staff, food and atmosphere.
When the bill came I thought they must have missed something as the price was very very reasonable indeed.
Well worth a visit and away from the tourist traps

Reviewed 4 May 2014

If you are looking for a fun place to have a great dinner, look no further. This restaurant serves excellent Portuguese meals with a casual and fun loving atmosphere. The place was very busy and a short wait required for a table, but the service was quick and caring. My wife and I shared an excellent lamb dish and each had a glass of the basic house wine, white for her and red for me. Only regret is that we didn't return the next night for another meal.

1  Thank Mikeview
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Family style restaurant with great food for a very good price.

A must visit restaurant. We went with 8 guys for lunch and enjoyed every bit of our meal.

Short and good: great stuff!

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Portugese cuisine at its best. Because of the rainy day we didn't feel like exploring and I searched tripadvisor and choose some restaurant. But we decided against it and went to a Tasquinha. Good choice. They have a nice wine list, but we decided for a glass of the house wine - not bad. I had a liver with onion and tomato salad, very nice , however I realized that tomatoes in Portugal taste like tomato. Liver very nice seasoned and not over salted as usual here. My husband had monkfish with monkfish rice, fish was excellent and rice very good. Espresso is a must and was excellent .
When we came, it was almost empty, but it starts filling with people during our dinner. The service was prompt and we wait for the meal only short time.
The bill was very reasonable.
Highly recommended

Reviewed 10 October 2013

It is a place that everyone shold know! The food is very good and the atmosphere is great. All at fair prices and with a very friendly staff!! a Must go!